Posted Dec 1, 2012
9:31:47 AM
View profile
Activate new Samsung Galaxy with iPhone 3gs SIM card

I have recieved my new Samsung Galaxy S III and need to activate it.  The instructions are not very detailed.  A friend said I should swap the SIM cards from the iPhone to the Galaxy but the SIM card is a lot bigger in the iPhone. 

Is there somewhere online I can go to program my Galaxy SIM card? Or do I need to go to the store? I am in a remote location without access to a store for another two weeks and want to use my new phone! :smileyhappy:

Both are AT&T phones.

Thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 1, 2012 9:43:10 AM
(0)
Expert
if you got the phone from AT&T then a new sim card should of come with the phone and activation can be done online. https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/activate_phone

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
Accepted Solution

Activate new Samsung Galaxy with iPhone 3gs SIM card

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 1, 2012 9:43:10 AM
(0)
Expert
if you got the phone from AT&T then a new sim card should of come with the phone and activation can be done online. https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/activate_phone

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Activate new Samsung Galaxy with iPhone 3gs SIM card

2 of 4 (11,014 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2012 9:53:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

thanks - I'll give it a shot!

3 of 4 (11,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2012 1:44:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

Did this work for you?  I tried using the link, but it only tells me I don't need to activate my SIM.  Any tips?

4 of 4 (8,238 Views)