Posted Sep 28, 2013
AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Lets say I put down my phone on the subway and leave without it.  I lost it.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

Has anyone done this or heard what you go through?

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

BTW .. if AT&T folks are looking..

This link showing Asurion deductables is gone.

AT&T Mobile Insurance Deductibles

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-29-2013 9:50:37 AM
(0)

gbshuler1 wrote:

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

I see that it's gone..I used to have it bookmarked but I lost that too...

Not sure if this link will help you or not...Asurion Deductible Lookup

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 28, 2013
(0)

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

they will replace the insured device with a refurbished one of the same configuration, if the device is not avialable anymore they will replace it with a comperable device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 29, 2013
(0)

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

I see that it's gone..I used to have it bookmarked but I lost that too...

Not sure if this link will help you or not...Asurion Deductible Lookup

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 30, 2013
(0)

Hello, everyone!

In case you wanted a complete list of all the devices and their deductibles, I've included one below.

Asurion Deductible List

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 30, 2013
(0)
I suppose it's just about the same as the link that I provided to Asurion, but thanks Mariana.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2013
(0)

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

Sign me up.  Thanks everyone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2013
(0)

You're welcome. I suppose the mobile insurance is worth it for some people. Good luck! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 6, 2013
(0)

gbshuler1 wrote:

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

Sign me up.  Thanks everyone.

Neither Square Trade or Apple are insurance companies, they only offer extended warrenties, neither cover lost or stolen devices. I have a rider on my home owners insuraces that is cost of replacement for a lost, stolen or destroyed device.