Posted Mar 16, 2011
2 Days old & I cracked my screen!
I got new Inspire few days ago,and was wondering if anyone know the best way to replace the screen? Any help is greatly appreciated.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
3-18-2011 6:02:25 PM
(0)

I hope you didn't buy the otterbox, they suck. Had one for my Balckberry torch and it was worthless.

Here is a site with a lot to choose from. I think they also have screen protectors.

This site has cases starting at $5.99.

And this site has them starting at $12.99

Here is one that is waterproof from Amazon at $24.99

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

2 Days old & I cracked my screen!

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2011
(0)

There are places out there that specialize in fixing phones.  Your local at&t store could probably tell you about one.

Re: 2 Days old & I cracked my screen!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2011
(0)
I was wondering if anyone's done this before. Where did you get the replacement screen,and how hard was it?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 17, 2011
(0)

I found a couple of sites, here and here. And here is a youtube video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)
Thank you Ghostryder. I'll let you know how I do.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)

LoudThud wrote:
Thank you Ghostryder. I'll let you know how I do.

You're welcome and please do let us know.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)

I've invested in a case for my phone even before it got here.  Thats a hard experience to have to undergo only two days into  new phone. I sure hope you can get the screen replaced.  Being that new, its certainly worth having it repaired and soon.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)
It was traumatic! The ATT store didn't have one case for it. I went to the Sprint store and they had an Otterbox for $30. Defender for an Evo. Didn't fit. Still crying! I'm insured. Just hope I don't get a refurb.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)

hey Rico, lets try to find some good case choices for LoudThud.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 18, 2011
(0)

I hope you didn't buy the otterbox, they suck. Had one for my Balckberry torch and it was worthless.

Here is a site with a lot to choose from. I think they also have screen protectors.

This site has cases starting at $5.99.

And this site has them starting at $12.99

Here is one that is waterproof from Amazon at $24.99

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)
Hey thanks for those links Ghostryder! A little investment now saves a lot of frustration later.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)
Excellent links. The first guys vid was having trouble prying the frame out of the chassis. Looks like its originally glued in. But he sure did fix it. It was funny watching the vid of a phone with a broken screen,through a broken screen! I thought I was only going to need a T3 screwdriver. He was baking that HD2 with an industrial hairdryer! Not sure why. Very informative. If I had a donor phone I might try it. But it looks a little too involved. The first link that Ghostryder provided looks like the best option. Send it in and avoid the headaches/risks. Thanks again Ghostryder. I couldn't seem to get the kudos star to click...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2011
(0)

LoudThud wrote:
Excellent links. The first guys vid was having trouble prying the frame out of the chassis. Looks like its originally glued in. But he sure did fix it. It was funny watching the vid of a phone with a broken screen,through a broken screen! I thought I was only going to need a T3 screwdriver. He was baking that HD2 with an industrial hairdryer! Not sure why. Very informative. If I had a donor phone I might try it. But it looks a little too involved. The first link that Ghostryder provided looks like the best option. Send it in and avoid the headaches/risks. Thanks again Ghostryder. I couldn't seem to get the kudos star to click...

You are very welcome. I'm glad that I could steer you in the right direction.

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and have someone else do it for us.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2011
(0)
When I cracked the screen,the only consolation was that I was loading into the back of a van,a 60s era Sunn Coliseum Lead w/ a 2x15 in Sunn bass cabinet. 320 watts. Kind of off topic. Anyone remember them?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2011
(0)
I dont but sound like fun. Post a snapshot (van).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2011
(0)
well, to stay on topic, you could start a string on the 6o's van on the "The Lounge" section

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2011
(0)
There's a 60s van thread somewhere? Groovy. I'll tale a look.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2011
(0)
Sorry bout that RicoLX. My words were sorta jumbled. The 320 watt Sunn is an amplifier I was loading into a van. That's when it fell out of my pocket. My bad.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2011
(0)

LoudThud wrote:
Sorry bout that RicoLX. My words were sorta jumbled. The 320 watt Sunn is an amplifier I was loading into a van. That's when it fell out of my pocket. My bad.

Man thats is NOT a good feeling!  Ive dropped my old HTC TIlt2 out of my shirt pocket onto the Parking Garage cement pavement at work many mornings when i stuck the phone in my shirt, then at last minute reach into the car for something  before heading to to the office, then totally forgetting i had it there, it dropped. Scratched   body but glass never cracked, thats fortunate for me.

Hey, I was going to get the Inspire, how do you like it and what are some of the neat features!  for sure, get that screen fixed, so you can enjoy it once again!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2011
(0)
That Tilt2 is built like a tank! Takes a licking & keeps on tickin. I have insurance. Trust me...the Inspires da bomb. AT&T let's me listen to Pandora & post at the same time. Very satisfied. If only AT&T would finally let it live up to its potential,then I'd finally get what I paid for. Not a better all around phone out there.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2011
(0)

Yes, I tried to buy the part & replace inspire screen myself, but it was too difficult. Then I found a place who replaced my cracked screen & they did a great job. Looks like new. Try Dr. Cell Phone They fix all the at&t phones as well.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2011
(0)

That place looks great. Thanks a lot. I didnt check for a phone number,but Ill try to call and get a quote. Ghostryder posted a site that does it for $89. Ouch! I knew I should have gotten a case.