For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
flakypuff's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 17th, 2014 3:54 PM

using messenger from a computer

at&t messender -  I log in using a password on several occasions on my computer. Recently when I went to use on the computer as soon as the url came up... This is what it says:"Confirm Your Wireless Number We sent you a text message with a PIN code to the number (XXX) xxx-xxxx. Please enter it below to continue. Didn't receive the text?" It did not give me an option to log in.

I do not understand why https://messages/att.net will automatically send a pin to my text messages when I did not request... It should allow me to log in as normal or ask for my security pin. If it feels it needs a verification give an option to have that pin sent to email or text.

If I am using a computer/tablet it is because my phone does not have reception in the building that I work in, so how am I suppose to get the pin they sent to my text? 

I contacted the on-line chat and they said it is a verification procedure. They sent me a pin to my e-mail but it did not work and said I would have to retrieve the one they sent by text. 

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

9 years ago

@flakypuff@  wrote:

at&t messender -  I log in using a password on several occasions on my computer. Recently when I went to use on the computer as soon as the url came up... This is what it says:"Confirm Your Wireless Number We sent you a text message with a PIN code to the number (XXX) xxx-xxxx. Please enter it below to continue. Didn't receive the text?" It did not give me an option to log in.

I do not understand why https://messages/att.net will automatically send a pin to my text messages when I did not request... It should allow me to log in as normal or ask for my security pin. If it feels it needs a verification give an option to have that pin sent to email or text.

If I am using a computer/tablet it is because my phone does not have reception in the building that I work in, so how am I suppose to get the pin they sent to my text? 

I contacted the on-line chat and they said it is a verification procedure. They sent me a pin to my e-mail but it did not work and said I would have to retrieve the one they sent by text. 

Did you try the "Didn't receive the text?" option?

It's possible that this is a new, random double verification routine as an attempt to keep accounts from being hacked. Yes, for you it can be an inconvenience, but the routine probably stops a lot of hack attempts.

There should be other options you can use for alternate double verifications like special special questions, or an alternate (non-AT&T) email address to send codes to, but you would have to set those options up ahead of time, or just take a few minutes to stroll outdoors to get your text message on your phone.

Maybe the building you're working in has wi-fi that you can connect your phone to and get your texts that way.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @flakypuff 

This should be a one time verification process (it was for me, then I log in normally), if you're still unable to log in, try clearing your cache and cookies, and try logging in again.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Cleared cookies and cache - still consistantly asks for pin. SOOOO frustrating!! This did not do this a month or so ago. phone is not with me and can't get texts. Please Add an option to email the pin to account on file!!!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

i am in the same situation,nokia 2520 tablet,.can not set up a online acct. as they only send passwords by text with no email options.i have no cell phone.and you can not get att messaging to recieve text untill you sign in.catch 22.support cannot help.du.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.