Need help understanding your bill?
ormom51's profile

Guru

• 

737 Messages

Thursday, March 15th, 2012 6:06 PM

Missing texts from online account

I was checking our account online and I noticed that one line has missing text/call records for one number.  My daughter's line shows only half a dozen text messages to/from her boyfriend, out of hundreds in this billing cycle-we have only a few days left in it.  We have unlimited messaging and she is an adult so it doesn't matter cost wise or because she is breaking a rule, but my experience with our cell phones has shown it is a good idea to check up to see what is going on when there is a discrepancy.  We had a change made once to our messaging that was not authorized and I caught it because I checked.  Does anyone have any idea why one number would consistently not show for calls or texts?  He is also with AT&T, if that matters, and both phones are iPhones.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

iPhones can iMessage. It is not texting, it uses data and does not show on the texting.

Guru

• 

737 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks!  That was it.  I never thought to ask about iMessage.  I just thought she was texting through the regular way.  It never occurred to me to ask her.  I was just worried that something had gone wrong with our plan since that has happened before and the only clue I had was when the information online was missing.  Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.