Check for service outages
blotterson87's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 24th, 2014 12:23 AM

my house & cell phone

I am paying quite a pretty penny for the services through AT&T... ey in my house, in order to use my cell phone & its services I have to sit right next to my big picture window in my living room. No where else in my house gives me service. This is very inconvenient... any suggestions on what I can do to boost my signal in my house so I can sit else where while texting, talking, or using my hotspot?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@blotterson87 wrote:
I am paying quite a pretty penny for the services through AT&T... ey in my house, in order to use my cell phone & its services I have to sit right next to my big picture window in my living room. No where else in my house gives me service. This is very inconvenient... any suggestions on what I can do to boost my signal in my house so I can sit else where while texting, talking, or using my hotspot?

Do you have internet service other than on your cell phone?  If you have cable internet, or DSL (or U-Verse) you can look into getting a micro-cell device.  It will use your home internet connection and act like a wireless router, but it works on cellular frequencies and allows your configured cell phones to use it's connection back to AT&T over the internet to make & receive calls.  If you don't have home internet other than your cell phone, that won't help you though...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No I do not have any other internet at my house. I have the hotspot on my phone for my laptop at home to connect to so I can do school work. If I am not home with my phone, there is no internet connection at my house. So thanks for the suggestion but that won't work

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

You may consider buying a cell repeater.  But they cost several hundreds of dollards, and still might not get you the signal quality you want.

Honestly, if AT&T does not provide decent service at your home (and microcell is not an option as we've determined), I'd investigate other carriers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.