Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I live in MIdland but my folks live around exit 202, alger on i75. On my way north its 4g until i get to around linwood and its all edge from there. after leaving yesterday evening around 11pm i walked outside got in the car looked at my phone it said 4g. I thought what? soo i ran a speed test, it was 3.59 down. I shut my phone off  (Note 2) and turned it back on, sure enough back to 4g.  So i continued to drive home south on 75. I kept checking along the way with a speed test around standish, Sure enough still 4g and speeds around 3-4mb. 4g turned to edge around mile marker 182 and came back to 4g around linwood. Still hard to believe but ill be heading up there saturday again and will be sure to see what it picks up.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting the info on this forum. I travel up there a lot and exit at 202 most of the time so that means they have near continuous coverage along 75. I wonder if its 4G from 202 north to St. Helen? They are rolling.....that's for sure:)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I will post back again saturday and let you know for sure if the 4g is on.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't been back there yet. I'll check it out this weekend. Awesome, good to hear they're working on the towers down by you. Hopefully they'll be up here soon.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Towers on 72 between grayling and kalkaska have been upgraded. Solid 3G signal that whole route.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Very nice!! So glad to see northern MI is finally getting upgraded on a large scale. As of two weeks ago, the towers in Lovells and Mio hadn't had broadband panels installed yet. I wonder if the tower by Kirtland Com. College is lit up?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

No change at the tower in Mcfarland.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

It won't be long now.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Hey, yes!  I was travelling between Standish and Au Gres, two days in a row, 8-29 and 8-30; and I too saw some 4G action on my iPhone.  

It was active in Standish, and stayed with me on US-23 through Omer, until I was North of M-65 a little ways.  It was encouraging to see.

But, it wasn't on during my trip down in the morning.  And I didn't see it when I went back through on Saturday the 31st.

There was a truck and some work going on, at a tower that was north of Standish a little bit off of US-23.  So perhaps they were just testing it out when I received it?

It did work though, I didn't do a speed test, but I did check my email and a few things.  It worked like 4G would it seemed.

I hope AT&T turns 4G on up the US-23 corridor.  I live in Au Gres, and work in Oscoda; and I'm getting pretty discouraged to see a lot of the rest of the neglected Northeast area get lit up with 4G, and not us.  

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Excellent!!!! That is the first report of HSPA "4G" I have heard about in that area. They are definately working and I would guess it will be on within a week or so.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.