Posted May 4, 2013
When Will 4G LTE Be Available In Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley)?

After travelling to Denver and Orlando within 2013 I have finally experienced what LTE has to offer. With 32mb download speeds that impressed me greatly, it has left me only to wonder when I will be able to experience this at home.

I am posting this after seeing the anticipated expansion of the LTE network throughout summer. After seeing that none of the nearby cities were selected for the expansion I was left disappointed. I was even more disappointed to see that Colorado wasn't selected at all for LTE expansion... What shocked me though is that neighboring Cheyenne, Wyoming will have 4G LTE by the end of summer.

Ok.

I don't have a problem with Cheyenne at all, just the logistics of the situation. Why do some 60,000+ people get to experience LTE before cities only 40 miles away with a cumulative amount of 320,000+ people? It seems like there is a larger market here right?

Will we see LTE? If so when? I hope by the end of 2013, but who knows, that’s what I heard last year...

When Will 4G LTE Be Available In Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley)?

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2013
(0)

Re: When Will 4G LTE Be Available In Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley)?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2013
(0)

I think it's coming... I was having dinner at restaurant last night in Ft. Collins and noticed "LTE" was on instead of 4G - back to 4G in half hour but this morning, it showed LTE again (but now says 4G). I assume it is in the test phase?

Re: When Will 4G LTE Be Available In Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley)?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 22, 2013
(0)

I really hope this is true that they are at least testing LTE here in Fort Collins (and surrounding areas).

I have to drive for work to Sterling, Fort Morgan, Laramie, Steamboat, etc and it can be a little worrysome having no signal at all most of the time, especially in Winter.

Sometimes I don't even have signal in my office which is in the middle of the city.

Verizon seems to have much better coverage through the state so unless AT&T can do something soon, i'll be switching when my contract is up in December.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2013
(0)

Hah.. well Ft Collins got it, but what gets me is that Windsor and Greeley still dont have it.. and Ft Collins got LTE about 7 months ago.  Why is that, AT&T? We have one tower in Windsor that covers the whole town, yet i drive 5 miles and i'm in an LTE service area.. doesnt make sense!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2013
(0)

I use to have AT&T and I lived in Greeley / Fort Collins for over 2 years. University of Northern Colorado HAD HORRIBLE DATA SPEEDS! No LTE and 3G had full signal but poor speeds. I switched to T-Mobile 10 months ago and I was recently in Fort Collins and Greeley and they BOTH had LTE and amazing coverage. I left AT&T for multiple reasons, they took away my TRUE unlimited data plan by throttling me and their customer service lied to me multiple times.

BUT Loveland is pretty bad for coverage and speeds on T-Mobile.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]