Check for service outages
imlynxy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 1:13 PM

VoLTE Boston doesn't work

All my friends with att have volte in Boston now, but not me and my family. I called CS and the answer was, you are not in the coverage area, low signal, tower selection. It is like Steve Jobs:"hold it wrong"Come on! So out of 10 phones in the same spot only my 2 go to 4g, all others stay on lte during phone call. If my lines are excluded from the rules, may be I go with some over provider? I can have volte with unlimited data for less now.

I digged the internet and I found since I have NY area code I cannot use volte and my phones need to be manually provisioned. We have iphones 6 with correct(27 ) sim card.

Guys, I either get same service with over customers or discount ....or I move.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Do you have phones that support VoLTE?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum.

If you are suffering poor reception problems, you are welcome to bring your phone in to a local store for reprovisioning if you think that will help.

Just what carrier is offering you VoLTE and unlimited data?

I have included a link for you to read about VoLTE.
http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/cellulartelecomms/lte-long-term-evolution/voice-over-lte-volte.php

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

@sandblaster

The iPhone 6 does support VoLTE .
It is available thru AT&T in some areas (including NY and Boston area)

It uses a lot of data. I wonder if your phone has a power saving mode, or data saving mode enabled which is not allowing VoLTE

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @imlynxy

I’d be happy to help with your LTE access and Voice over LTE service! In order to find the reason for your device not picking these services up, please send me a Private Message with the following information and we’ll get to the bottom of it!

• Cell and/or account number
  • Cell number affected
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Device IMEI (Settings>General>About)
  • Full Primary Place of Use Address (Usually home address)
  • If different, full address of a location in Boston where VoLTE is not available for you

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you customer care for contacting me. My primary place of use registered outside of VoLTE area, that is why I have no HD voice in Boston. I hope att rolls hd voice faster to my area. So... it is based by the address. Same bill for everybody, but different service 🙂 I don't want to be nasty her, but t-mo(with their bad network in my area) and VZw treats consumer equally.... and vzw has volte in my area(honestly not very good working- all my friends disconnected it)

Once again AttCare thanks for the prompt answer
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.