Posted Nov 2, 2013
2:25:29 PM
Suddenly "No Service"

Does AT&T move customers to a weaker network after a period of time? It feels like I've completely switched providers because now if I'm not standing on top of a cell tower I have NO SERVICE. I travel constantly and depend on my wireless to be functional for many reasons.  Very disappointing.  This is sudden, unexpected and happening in places I've frequently spent time using my phone with no prior issues.

Suddenly "No Service"

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 7:59:13 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, msanthrope!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent coverage issues. Do you have a smartphone? If so, you can download AT&T's Mark the Spot app to report the problem areas. For more information about the app and how to download it, please click on the link below.

AT&T's Mark the Spot

If you still need assistance, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Suddenly "No Service"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 11:24:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
If your reception suddenly dropped off everywhere you go, I think your phone's antenna (or related equipment) has probably become damaged.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 10:54:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
How could this be tested or verified, what could be the cause (haven't dropped the phone, etc) and would it affect wireless as well?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 10:55:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
Oh, I just saw Mariana's message! Thank you! I will download the app.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2013 8:17:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

I FIXED THIS ISSUE... I realized the signal got really bad (now 3 weeks ago) at the same time I changed my phone case.

If anyone else happens to read this, including employees because it will help you troubleshoot with other users: Metal cases will impede signal strength.  Didn't even think of that as my last two cases were metal-looking plastic.  I guess this one is different. :smileyhappy:  I took the case off and my signal is back to normal.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2013 10:26:39 AM
(0)
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear it was such a simple fix!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, and I hope we continue to see you around the forums!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.