Check for service outages
Carol6041's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 1:14 AM

Closed

HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST AT&T

I am in Beddington, Maine.  Out tower has been DOWN for 20 days as of today.  We call Technical Services, but they really don't know what's going on.  We have been given NUMEROUS fix dates, but they have come and gone.  Since I am seasonal, I only have a land line to make local calls.  Luckily I pay for internet also.  I have to use a walkie talkie to talk to my neighbor or drive down the road!  I can't call my husband or friends back home unless I drive south about 20 miles.  I am here with my 81 year old mother.  It is UNACCEPTABLE not to have a WORKING TOWER for so long and to be strung along.  I need a higher authority to talk to, but there is nobody you can complain to through any AT&T available avenue.  Today my internet went down for an hour and a half.  That really scared me, because I was cut off from the world except for making local calls, but there is nobody local I can call!  Plus I have to wait for a credit because I was told once I accept a credit, I can't get an additional one for the continued down time.  It KILLS me to pay a bill when I haven't had service Since July 17th!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My husband and I has been

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Carol6041 

I'm very sorry for the service issue, is it just affecting your cell phone or other AT&T customers in your area too? If you still need help, please send us a private message by clicking here and our team will be happy to help with whatever we can.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Cell service came back on Aug. 6, but still no 4G.  Low and behold, the tower went down again 8/15, and we are back to no service.  Seasonal and full-time residents have been calling and calling, but complete service has not been restored.  Fix times come and go.  Why can't the tower be fixed?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Carol - what ever happened to your post?  I see someone replied to you but asked you to private message them.  It's nearly a year later and service is still not back.   I've just posted my own comment. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Network-Coverage/STILL-DOWN-1-YEAR-LATER-Beddington-Maine-cell-tower/m-p/4272611#M60063

We have to keep up the complaints to AT&T until service is restored.  Their response to date has been beyond disatisfactory!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

ATT is absolutely terrible and I am so frustarted with them right now, because our business phone line has not been in serive for almost a month, and each time we call them, its a joke! none of them know what they are talking about, provide conflicting information, and provide **bleep** dates as to when it will be back up and running, and of course each date comes and goes.

We are looking into changing all of our services, (house, business, wireless, etc) right now, and I cant wait to get away from ATT!

have no idea how a company that is so incomptenet, gets away with treating people this way..

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

they are incredibly incompetent!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

They are absolutely terrible and completely incompetent. My business line has been down for almost a month, and they keep changing the date as to when it will be repaired.

I cannot wait to get away from them, and if there is any way I can sue them for loss of revenue, I am absolutely going to do it.

Im also going to see if i can file a complaint with PUCO, or another government agency.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I agree, we had their service for a week and cancelled and now we got a bill for 422.00. We don't owe them but for one week and our internet wouldn't work right, our phones wouldn't ring, and now they won't release our old telephone # to Charter for us to have phone service. We can call out, but no one can call us on our landline phone. They finally gave a phone # to Charter, but transposed numbers and we still don't have service as of 9/25. My husband has been on the phone for about 2 hrs. already and no one knows their butt from a hole in the ground and keep transferring him to someone else who knows nothing. Why would you keep people like that on the payroll who know nothing???? They need to be sued and this may be the day! We were told by the installer and his supervisor that we had 45 days to cancel our service and after one week we cancelled because of all the lies we had been told and now they are sending us this outrageous bill for 422.00 and for what???? Do they think we are dumb enough to let this ride?? They say on our bill that this is for early cancellation, part of it. We couldn't even record a program on their 24 mo. plan for 89.99. They deceive you and then have you hooked in and you have to fight an army to get anything done,,,,still fighting and my husband is still on the phone and still hasn't gotten any answeres to stop this bill. This company should be closed down with all their lies and deception going on. I have since talked to a bunch of my friends and they too have had a horrible experience with this company. Let's get them shut down permanently!! Do I get an AMEN????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Talking with ATT about an ad that they sent which would give me 5 times the TV channels than I current have. Great you say and call. Next thing you hear is that you have to be a new customer or pay off your exsisting contract at 20.00 a month. Then you can sign a new contract to get the new service. Here is tbe kicker ATT owns both!!!. It is no more than a money grab they hang the carrot out there and hope for a bite. Now when you call and bring that to their attention and call the heart a heart the ATT representative hangs up on you. They just dont care. I personally have used them for over thirty years, and as soon as I can I intend to boycott all services from ATT. They are not a company you can trust and I suggest that the federal goverment look into them for possible unlawful activities. I am also calling that every one to join in an boycotting ATT and recogonize them for what they are crooked.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Liv4hunting   And they're the only Tv company that does this...wait, nope, Cox, Comcast, Dish, Frontier, etc.....  they ALL do it.  Many customers purposely switch every 2 years to get the intro price.  

FYI direct TV is cheap for what you get.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.