For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
FredMac's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 21st, 2014 8:37 PM

intermittent internet issues when directly connected (not wi-fi)

So here is a strange one.

I have Uverse Internet service using a Motorola model NVG589.  I have three computers all directly connected (not using Wi-Fi), two macs running Yosemite, one windows running windows 8.1.

All computers exhibit the same problem, intermittent interruptions.  I go to a site and it just spins trying to load, and youtube plays the 1st 5 seconds or so and hangs, sometimes for 5 mins, sometimes forever.  This even happens with Google - sometimes the auto-complete stops working or it hangs before displaying results of a search.

So this has been happing for a couple of months, and as I said it happens on the macs and windows computers, and every computer has at least two browsers, all the same problem. 

So I was trying to figure out what is wrong when I notice that if I join the "Uverse" wireless network everything runs fine, but If I am directly connected or join the mac airport wireless network the problem exists.

At this point I have no idea what could be the problem.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks so much.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, FredMac!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having connectivity issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief description of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

#1, from the wall it goes to the Uverse main unit ( the NVG589), cat 5 to one mac and a cat 5 to the airport.  From the airport two cat 5 cables to anothe mac and windows computer.

#2, I have disconnected everything, plugged one mac directly to the NVG589, same problem.

#3, Have turned off firewall and virus software on computer (not sure if either router have any settings, didn't play with them).  Same problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.