11-10-2012 08:55:51 AM
I'm running out of energy trying to get ATT to install DSL service for me. I've called to order DSL service several times over the last 2 weeks.
- First call was on 10/26 and was told the specific unit in our complex wasn't showing as having DSL available even though units all around us have the service. I was told that ATT location services simply needed to update with our unit number which would be done on Monday, 10/29. The rep (Jason) would call me back on Monday to confirm the order had been placed.
- Monday came and went without a call back, so I called ATT again on Tues, 10/20 to order the DSL service and was told the same story about needing to update the location service with our unit number. DSL installation was scheduled for Mon, 11/5.
- Got a call on Mon 11/5 morning from ATT tech to say he was going to the complex for the install. Great!
- Got a call later on 11/5 morning from same ATT tech to say he was at our complex, but the rep who entered the order didn't specify the unit number which I provided them with, so he couldn't do the install. He called his service center to advise that the unit number was missing (even though I gave it when the order was placed) and the order therefore had to be cancelled. He told me I needed to start over and place a new order. There was no technical problem installing the service, it's just that the order was placed incorrectly and billing would be wrong. Um, ok.
- I called ATT later on Mon 11/5 afternoon to place another DSL order making sure the rep put our unit number in the order this time to avoid a repeat of the last attempt. The rep told me the ATT location services tool needed to be updated to show our unit as a valid installation address before the order could be placed. He said this would take 48 hours to receive a response from that team and he would call me back to confirm the order had been placed -- same thing the previous rep was going to do for me.
- I waited until Thur 11/8 morning (more than 48 hours from last call) to ask about the order and no order had been placed. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was handed off to Lisa (manager). Lisa suggested the order may have been placed, but ATT reps are not able to make outbound calls (i.e., cannot call customer directly) so the order may have been placed but was cancelled after 24 hours of inactivity. Not sure why an ATT manager didn't call me. Not sure why the order was cancelled and not worked. Lisa assured me she would place the request to update location services with my unit number and she would call me back to update me on status of the request later that day.
- Lisa called back as promised on Thurs 11/8 evening to advise she had not heard back from ATT location services yet, but she was sure to hear back from them by Fri 11/9 morning and sould call me by 9am.
- Friday came and went without a call back from Lisa or anyone else at ATT.
Bottom line -- It seems unreal that ATT is this messed up for customer service. They really don't care if I ever get service. They appear to have too many dysfunctional groups and broken processes/tools. I've been trying for more than 2 weeks to get DSL service and ATT is apparently unable to make this happen due to their internal administrative challenges. I keep thinking about how there is no technical problem with the installation - it's just red tape. Other residents in my complex have existing ATT DSL service, but our unit number just isn't in their location or mapping service to tell the ATT tech it is ok to install service here. How hard is it to update 2 letters in their location service? Seriously, this is some of the worst customer service I've ever received.
If someone from ATT is reading this thread, please post an update or email me to get this service installed.
11-14-2012 09:00:07 AM
Hello midslpdg. Thanks for your post.
I'm sorry for the experiences you have encountered to get your DSL installed! I would like to get you some assistance however I do need some additional information. I am going to send you a private message (see blue envelope, top right of your screen). Please respond directly back to that private message so we can work towards getting this resolved for you once and for all!
Thanks so much! ~Delia
Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
11-26-2012 06:51:12 AM
Thanks to David who is an ATT manager in the Social Media organization, we have DSL service! David went out of his way to escalate the issue and we had service within a couple of days. I'm still not sure why no one else within ATT was able to figure this out or escalate on my behalf even though I had repeatedly asked. Shortly after David escalated, a rep from the internet support group in St. Louis called and placed an the DSL order and within a day I received at least 4 or 5 phone calls from various ATT reps giving me status updates. Thank you David!