Posted Sep 19, 2013
5:47:26 PM
blacked out games? no customer service?

When I first looked at getting U-Verse, the first question I asked was "Do you have NHL Center Ice?" He said "No, but you can get all the Fox Sports Channels which broadcast the NHL gaames." Okay, fine. I signed up. Now we're into preseason hockey pre-season games. Guess what? Two games on tonight, both are BLACKED OUT in my area! Then I call ATT. Spend about 5 minutes with their automated voice response system trying to get a live person, only to finally learn that after 7:00 pm, ATT has no customer service! I had serious reservations about using ATT. Now I remember why. Two things they can do if they want to me as a customer. 1. Get Center-Ice or no-blackouts on hockey games. 2. have a live person answer the phone that can give me some answers when I call. 

Seriously irritated customer! 

blacked out games? no customer service?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2013 6:47:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Per NHL Blackout rules, if the team on television is not in your viewing area it will be blacked out, regardless whether you have the channel or not.  MLB, NBA and NHL games are all the same.  Put your zip code in this page and it will show you which professional sports teams you will be able to view without blackouts.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: blacked out games? no customer service?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2013 7:04:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

Then I may as well cancel the service. The whole point was to be able to get NHL games. The rep told me I'd be able to get ANY NHL game that was on a Fox Sports channel. He either didn't have his facts or straight up lied. Either way, it's getting cancelled tomorrow. Does anyone know if U-verse plans to offer Center Ice anytime soon? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 19, 2013 8:52:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

MBULGER wrote:

Then I may as well cancel the service. The whole point was to be able to get NHL games. The rep told me I'd be able to get ANY NHL game that was on a Fox Sports channel. He either didn't have his facts or straight up lied. Either way, it's getting cancelled tomorrow. Does anyone know if U-verse plans to offer Center Ice anytime soon? 

Highly unlikely as AT&T and UVerse have been in a contract dispute for a couple of years now. You can't have Center Ice without the NHL Network.  So unless you are going to a provider that has Center Ice, your blacked out games will be the same.  If you have a ROKU you can order NHL Game Cener which is the streaming version of Center Ice.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.