tdisalvo's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, September 20th, 2014 5:50 PM

Filter menu

Hi,

Is therer any way to filter the menu? 

with my old media center with comcast I was able to filter by sports, movies, kids ect.  These filters help out a lot with the 1000s of chanels that you have to sort through. 

Thanks

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@tdisalvo wrote:

Hi,

Is therer any way to filter the menu? 

with my old media center with comcast I was able to filter by sports, movies, kids ect.  These filters help out a lot with the 1000s of chanels that you have to sort through. 

Thanks

menu>channel shortcuts>HD Channels    Will give all the selection you need for HD. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

There are other built in Channel Shortcuts lists such as sports, etc.  And you can to go to Menu > Options > Channel Options > Hide Channels to make channels disappear from your guide.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

tdisalvo - Re: Is therer any way to filter the menu?

There are three methods to view an abbreviated guide. Previous posts mention two.

Yes, you can hide channels to provide the easiest access to an abbreviated guide (the GUIDE button). The downside is - it is a very long and tedious process to build and maintain. If you want to add the hidden channels back in for free previews or att adds new unwanted channels you must work to maintain the guide. Many viewers apply(like?) this method.

The "shortcuts" should be named longcuts because they require a long winding path to view each of the gazillion times you view it.

It is another example of  "pay me now or pay me later"  - The first requires a large investment in the initial build and ongoing maintenance, but is most efficient to use for complete individual control. The second comes free, but is not very practical to apply.

The third is Favorites. You build a Favorites guide as you view your most watched channels - Click the ENTER button (bottom right) to add (or delete) the channel from the favorites list. Very easy to add or remove a channel on the fly.

To view the favorites guide - MENU - 2 down arrows - OK. (viewing via the ENTER button has been broken for at least nine months)

So, Favorites is a build, maintain, use middle ground between the other two.

Perhaps, someday, att will understand that favorites and shortcuts imply that each access should be as easy as the regular guide & design one button access for these two so they can actually be an enhancement to the GUIDE button.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.