Get the myAT&T app
cldickerson's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 2:47 PM

Are home phone and Uverse accounts separate?

I have both a home phone through AT&T and Uverse for my Internet. I receive two separate bills so I assume the accounts are completely separate. I plan to cancel my home phone account by porting the number to a different carrier. But, I do not want to close my Uverse account. If I have my home phone number ported (thus closing that account) will it affect my Uverse account?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

I'll assume your home phone is POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and NOT U-voice (VOIP).

So yes, POTS via ATT is different than VOIP (Uverse) and are billed separately. 

Stopping your old school phone line will not affect your Uverse Internet account.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

I'll assume your home phone is POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and NOT U-voice (VOIP).

So yes, POTS via ATT is different than VOIP (Uverse) and are billed separately. 

Stopping your old school phone line will not affect your Uverse Internet account.

Skeeter speaks the truth.

Even if you had U-Verse phone and wanted to take that to a different carrier, you could do that, although your U-Verse bundle would almost certainly change. In this case, I'd recommend asking the representative what would happen to your promotions and discounts.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, my account is POTS and you did answer my question. Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.