Posted Mar 11, 2013
4:52:44 AM
View profile
I need help changing my password on my free email account that has been compromised

i NEED HELP ACCESSING MY FREE EMAQIL ACCOUNT.  my account was compromised and I have tried too many times to change password and now I am unable to do anything.  I called at&t no one will help me.  I gave them all of my necessary info to prove thaat I am me.  I was told I would have to go to an office and show id.  I wasnot able to do that.  I just need to change my password.

I need help changing my password on my free email account that has been compromised

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 3:13:19 AM
(0)
Employee
No problem. Att.com/support give them your account information. At the top right of your bill should be a number they will ask for, give that to them and they will give you a temp. Password. Login, it will want you to update your info and passwors and security questions. Once you get do e print it and put somewhere you wo t lose it. I usually have customers let me save the page directly to a file on pc to make this problem avoidable.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I need help changing my password on my free email account that has been compromised

2 of 6 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 3:15:35 AM
(0)
Employee
If that doesn't work send me a message and ill ask you a few questions about account and reset for you.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I need help changing my password on my free email account that has been compromised

3 of 6 (1,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 4:42:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

nanamama1 wrote:

i NEED HELP ACCESSING MY FREE EMAQIL ACCOUNT.  my account was compromised and I have tried too many times to change password and now I am unable to do anything.  I called at&t no one will help me.  I gave them all of my necessary info to prove thaat I am me.  I was told I would have to go to an office and show id.  I wasnot able to do that.  I just need to change my password.

The information you're looking for is located here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397&cv=804&ct=9000086&pv=3#fbid=C8g1OYjH624

Unfortunately, if you are not able to provide the information required, they will not be able to reset it.

"As a Free AT&T Email user, if you are unable to remember the answers to your security questions, are unable to validate the ZIP code we have on file, and you do not have an alternate email address on file to complete the temporary password process, there is no other way to reset your email password. You will need to create a new email address."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 4:43:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ulvlelrlsleltlelclh wrote:
No problem. Att.com/support give them your account information. At the top right of your bill should be a number they will ask for, give that to them and they will give you a temp. Password. Login, it will want you to update your info and passwors and security questions. Once you get do e print it and put somewhere you wo t lose it. I usually have customers let me save the page directly to a file on pc to make this problem avoidable.
If that doesn't work send me a message and ill ask you a few questions about account and reset for you.

From reviewing your posts, I'm led to believe that you are an AT&T employee (installer?). As such, you should have a disclaimer included in your posts stating that.

You mention all the training you received in another of your posts. Here's a little more training. The Free email acconts refered to here on the forum are normally for people who are no longer customers of AT&T, thus they have no bill with a special number to give to support.

As well, unless you are actually "working" on/for the forum in an official capacity you really should not be asking for a forum members private information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 8:07:49 PM
(0)
Voyager
I am having the same issue, were you able to change your password.

6 of 6 (793 Views)