Posted Jun 14, 2012
I can't change my Yahoo email password

When I signed up for Uverse a in 2006, AT&T merged my very old yahoo email account with my At&t ID.  Problem is, the att.net email and yahoo.com email are not truly linked.  My yahoo mail log in password does not match up with my att.net mail password.  I tried setting a new password through the At&t account management site as instructed, but my yahoo password still has not changed.  Jack!  I have spend a lot of time and in many ways trying to change a password on a basic yahoo email account and I really need urgent help. My Account is been used for someone sending emails with advertising etc....

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

I will Appreciate if you can dissolve the link between ATT and my Yahoo account to be able of to change my password.

Best Regards

I can't change my Yahoo email password

[ Edited ]
18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 18, 2012
(0)

Hi,

I'm sorry for your frustration. Have you tried logging in with the old yahoo account to change the password or only the att account? I would suggest going through the normal Yahoo.com mail and changing the password on the old yahoo account if there is an issue with someone using it. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

Re: I can't change my Yahoo email password

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 4, 2012
(0)

Using your Yahoo account doesn't work because ATT merged with Yahoo.  All Yahoo password change attempts takes you to an ATT site, and the ATT site doesn't know anything about the Yahoo account.

JustinF wrote:

Hi,

I'm sorry for your frustration. Have you tried logging in with the old yahoo account to change the password or only the att account? I would suggest going through the normal Yahoo.com mail and changing the password on the old yahoo account if there is an issue with someone using it. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

JustinF

JustinF wrote:

Hi,

Thank you,

JustinF

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 30, 2012
(0)

I am having this same problem!

I have been mired for days in the AT&T support system trying to change my Yahoo p-word.

I have been moderated and/or kicked off of several forums because my yahoo account is sending SPAM to EVERY ADDRESS in my inbox AND address book!

It should NOT be this difficult to change my password. It should NEVER be this difficult to change ANY password!

A solution or workaround needs to be found and implemented...NOW!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 13, 2013
(0)
Good Lord, YES!!! PLEASE someone find an answer to this very basic, simple question!!! We should not be searching so much trying to find out how to change our email pw...The only help I get directs me back to att acct and then it wants me to change my att LOG IN p/w...NO, NO ...Goodness

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 14, 2013
(0)

Try this - stumbled on it after going in circles....

https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?pId=E_RESET_PASSWORD_PASSTHRU

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 16, 2013
(0)

I wish this would help, but it requires me to type in an  att e-mail usnername and password.I don't have one as att is NOT my provider.

Re: I can't change my Yahoo email password.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 23, 2013
(0)

I had this very same problem.  It is very easy to see that this problem was caused by AT&T.  But, they don't see it as a problem.  Essentially what they have done is built a bridge from Yahoo to AT&T, told us to move all our stuff over to the AT&T side, and then proceeded to burn that bridge.   It took me several days of searching the AT&T help pages and speaking to maybe a dozen witless techs before I was finally able to change my email password.  Yet the solution doesn't allow you to change ONLY your email password.  That same password is also connected to my AT&T accounts.  Seems that AT&T doesn't see a problem with this!  They think it is okay to force you to use the same password on your email account as you use on your AT&T services account.  I thought our passwords were OUR property and NOT AT&T's!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 24, 2013
(0)

mrick36 wrote:

I had this very same problem.  It is very easy to see that this problem was caused by AT&T.  But, they don't see it as a problem.  Essentially what they have done is built a bridge from Yahoo to AT&T, told us to move all our stuff over to the AT&T side, and then proceeded to burn that bridge.   It took me several days of searching the AT&T help pages and speaking to maybe a dozen witless techs before I was finally able to change my email password.  Yet the solution doesn't allow you to change ONLY your email password.  That same password is also connected to my AT&T accounts.  Seems that AT&T doesn't see a problem with this!  They think it is okay to force you to use the same password on your email account as you use on your AT&T services account.  I thought our passwords were OUR property and NOT AT&T's!!!

Actually, if you had read the instructions when you created your new ATT Access ID, which is the login you use to change your services or pay your bill online, it states that you should not use any of your email account IDs. If you did use one of your email IDs, then you need to call in and have them reset that so you can create a unique ATT Access ID.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2013
(0)

Wow,  I am not finding an answer to this either.  I am stuck in this same blind loop with all these other poor souls.

What I should have done is not a valid answer to the problem.  What I shouldn't have done is gotten DSL in the first place.

I am just going to keep looking.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2013
(0)

Call in? Call in to what number?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 4, 2013
(0)

https://edit.client.yahoo.com/sbc/change_pw?.scrumb=YMEwZQCfAm.

I was bale to use this link to change it. I signed in with my @sbcglobal.net account that I knew my @yahoo.com account was merged with and it took me straight to a screen that said that just said current pass new pass new pass again and it had a warning saying that this will change pass for @sbcglobal.net and all subaccounts including and had my @yahoo account in parentheses. Hope this helps someone out

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 4, 2013
(0)

you might be able to sign in with just your yahoo account as well and change it

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 4, 2013
(0)

rblocher507 wrote:

Call in? Call in to what number?

The quickest way in is to call the 1-800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 7, 2013
(0)

sign in to att using your yahoo email address. now you will be able to make the needed changes to that account. It works!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

Agree with vcuebas.

I didn't use the link, but I know what vcuebas said.

When you are trying to change your free @yahoo.com password and directed to the att web log in page, just do log in "my @sbcglobal.net account that I knew my @yahoo.com account was merged with". If you happened to forget your oooooooold password for that oooooooold @sbcgloble.net account that you rarely used, you will be asked to reset it by email (that should be your other alternative email you stored in the system). You will be all set.

Don't tell me you forget your @sbcglobal.net account or your alternate email account, since I know you have a good memory. To the best you will get a hint like a******bc@gmail.com.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2014
(0)

I noticed that the last post is over 2 years ago; therefore, this problem may already be resolved for most people. However, I needed to change my password on my ATT Yahoo email account and I had many of the same issues that were posted on this forum.

After trying several suggestions posted here, what worked for me was on ATT Yahoo email sign in prompt, I designated that I forgot my password, with brought me to ATT's security questions (or mail temp password). Then I was able to change my password.

I thought that it was the same password as my ATT (overall) account, but it was not. When I checked, it was only for my email account. Just in case there's someone out there that still has this problem, like me, this is what worked for me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2014
(0)
Oops! My mistake, it was just one year ago.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2014
(0)
With further investigation, my ATT U-verse account uses my ATT Yahoo email address as my ID and therefore, it IS THE SAME PASSWORD FOR BOTH MY ATT ACCOUNT AND MY ATT YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT. I am fairly new to U-verse and had not yet logged on to my account. I was comparing my old ATT account password with my new email account password. It wasn't until I logged on to my ATT U-verse account, that I noticed this. I believe that we should have the option to make our email account password different than our ATT U-verse account password.