Posted Nov 13, 2012
7:00:24 PM
View profile
How to I get released from my contract?

Multiple disappointing customer contacts. Impossible to add services when there's no infrastructure within AT&T. They have checked my credit file 3 times in 3 months! I finally had to put a lock on my Equifax credit file access. Uninformed and poorly trained Customer Service Reps are in abundance.  The frustration dealing with the unreal complexities of AT&T is not worth it.  I'm not interested in credits, apologies, or discussions.  I just want out.  Please tell me how.

How to I get released from my contract?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 2:48:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

I would give you two suggestions.

Go to the FCC website and file a complaint.  Comment that the service has not met the contractual obligations and resolution would be to terminate the contract.

Second, send a certified mail letter to ATT giving them 30 days to correct all the problems or that you will terminate the contract.

I completely sympathize with you.....ATT is in MELTDOWN!!!  I am putting them on my "short" list for stock trading.

It took me over 6 months to get a uverse install completed.  During that time I was unable to reach ANYONE in management despite valiant efforts....they have an incredible system that shields management at all costs.

Now that I finally got it installed, a month of problems mostly now resolved.  I still have wiring outside the home not fastened, and I have billing issues that are still not resolved despite several phone calls.

To my horror I am finding that the service is NOT so great......I feel like a guinea pig on an experimental project:

- to my horror I discover that the DVR CANNOT be used if Internet goes down!!!  HUH????

- I am not getting near the bandwidth I subscribed to....it is ALL OVER THE MAP from 5 meg - 15 meg down....but NEVER 18meg

- Up is NEVER 1.6....lucky to ever see over 1 up.

- The channel line ups are REDICULOUS with all the HD at 1100 and above then all the low res way down under a 1000.  Problem with that is their are channels that only show on one or the other and you have to move way down or way up.....response is slow!

- creating a favorite list is WAY TOO HARD, and unless I am mistaken, you can only have ONE FAVORITE!!!

- the buttons and button positions for the remote are the most NON ergonomic layout I have ever come across and you feel like your continually letting the remote slide around in your hand to get at a button that is in a position that is just plain stupid.

- OHH CRA** dont get me going about DELETING RECORDED SHOWS!!!! Holy CRA*  what a freaking NIGHTMARE!!!! You got to go through each one, several menus just to delete it!!!!!  REDICULOUS!!!!!!

I have a DOZEN more problems....overall it was the WORSE EXPERIENCE with a carrier in my LIFETIME!!!!!

ATT ... YOU GAVE ME THE WORSE SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD...YOU LEFT ME BLOWING IN THE WIND FOR MONTHS, YOU LEFT ME HANGING WITH PROMISSES TO FINISH THINGS AND NEVER COMPLETED THEM...YOU GAVE ME A SERVICE FULL OF ISSUES.

I will make you a 100% guaranteed promiss right now!!!!

In 11 months 15 days, 12 hours and 10 seconds I will be TERMINATING THIS SERVICE and going BACK TO DISH NETWORK!!!!

Your service was so bad....you have soured my relationship with ATT for good.  I plan on moving all our business iPhones to Verizon when the final phone contract expires in the coming months...a monthly contract that is nearly 300$ per month........PERHAPS THAT WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION!!!!!!

Better wake up soon!

Re: How to I get released from my contract?

2 of 6 (1,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 5:08:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Miismydish wrote:

I would give you two suggestions.

Go to the FCC website and file a complaint.  Comment that the service has not met the contractual obligations and resolution would be to terminate the contract.

Second, send a certified mail letter to ATT giving them 30 days to correct all the problems or that you will terminate the contract.

I completely sympathize with you.....ATT is in MELTDOWN!!!  I am putting them on my "short" list for stock trading.

It took me over 6 months to get a uverse install completed.  During that time I was unable to reach ANYONE in management despite valiant efforts....they have an incredible system that shields management at all costs.

Now that I finally got it installed, a month of problems mostly now resolved.  I still have wiring outside the home not fastened, and I have billing issues that are still not resolved despite several phone calls.

To my horror I am finding that the service is NOT so great......I feel like a guinea pig on an experimental project:

- to my horror I discover that the DVR CANNOT be used if Internet goes down!!!  HUH????

- I am not getting near the bandwidth I subscribed to....it is ALL OVER THE MAP from 5 meg - 15 meg down....but NEVER 18meg

- Up is NEVER 1.6....lucky to ever see over 1 up.

- The channel line ups are REDICULOUS with all the HD at 1100 and above then all the low res way down under a 1000.  Problem with that is their are channels that only show on one or the other and you have to move way down or way up.....response is slow!

- creating a favorite list is WAY TOO HARD, and unless I am mistaken, you can only have ONE FAVORITE!!!

- the buttons and button positions for the remote are the most NON ergonomic layout I have ever come across and you feel like your continually letting the remote slide around in your hand to get at a button that is in a position that is just plain stupid.

- OHH CRA** dont get me going about DELETING RECORDED SHOWS!!!! Holy CRA*  what a freaking NIGHTMARE!!!! You got to go through each one, several menus just to delete it!!!!!  REDICULOUS!!!!!!

I have a DOZEN more problems....overall it was the WORSE EXPERIENCE with a carrier in my LIFETIME!!!!!

ATT ... YOU GAVE ME THE WORSE SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD...YOU LEFT ME BLOWING IN THE WIND FOR MONTHS, YOU LEFT ME HANGING WITH PROMISSES TO FINISH THINGS AND NEVER COMPLETED THEM...YOU GAVE ME A SERVICE FULL OF ISSUES.

I will make you a 100% guaranteed promiss right now!!!!

In 11 months 15 days, 12 hours and 10 seconds I will be TERMINATING THIS SERVICE and going BACK TO DISH NETWORK!!!!

Your service was so bad....you have soured my relationship with ATT for good.  I plan on moving all our business iPhones to Verizon when the final phone contract expires in the coming months...a monthly contract that is nearly 300$ per month........PERHAPS THAT WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION!!!!!!

Better wake up soon!

Have you not used your own advice to get out of your Uverse contract?

My suggestion for both you, and the original poster, is to send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (1,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 10:02:39 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 14, 2012 at 11:28:17 AM

Hey Computer Joe......I detect a little sarcasm in your note……do you hear me saying I want
out of the contract ????  NO!  

Why…because I have better things to do then rewire my home for a second time to hook up Dish receivers after rerouting coax to 10 rooms.  I will get through the 12 months no problem, and then I will cancel when I can plan the reconversion to DISH.

As for you advice to send a message to the escalation team....with all due respect....that is very funny!

I have done that several times, I have written to the Gulf Coast VP Operations, I have put in a complaint with FCC and they were working it though the process to the point I did get a call from Executive Office who apologized and they would follow up.....which they did not, and I called a variety of offices to try to penetrate the management shield but no one was ever able to escalate this.

Now....I can tell you that not only am I a very persistent person, but I am also a technology professional...so I know the lingo, I know the process, [word filter avoidance]  

This install was a comedy of errors with shear incompetence mixed in.  I could go on for paragraphs telling you about the 6 month process having a never ending stream of techs come out, only to tell me "the other guy didn’t do his job yet" and then finally at the end when I was promised to have both and inside and outside tech show up on the final day to be sure it went ok.....only the inside guy showed up.  That is when I said ENOUGH  rolled up my sleeves and helped run cable just to get the dam job done!  They were supposed to come back to fasten the cable, and trim off the 25' of excess cable that is still laying on the ground by the DMARK.....but surprise surprise no one comes back despite my calls.

This is not the ATT I've dealt with in the past....something fundamental has gone awry in their organization and I think they are going to become the new Sprint of the communications business if they don’t get back to providing customer service.

Ohh by the way.....I forgot to mention.....and this is very important to me as a music lover...the MUSIC channels are PATHETIC....and anyone who thinks they are going to get great music will soon be very disappointed terrible choice of music.

I didn’t go through all this trouble to be disappointed...the product is vastly overhyped, not worth the cost (We have the 470 Lineup)  for the money, and worse the service is abysmal.

The one thing that I am pleased with....and the main reason I made this move, was to get off of COX internet service.  I was deliriously happy with DISH, but COX outages and interruptions in our Internet was so bad that I had no choice but to move to a new service and Uverse seemed to be the answer.  Given the 200$+ fee for Internet only installation, it seemed economical to go for the whole bundled package where the modem and install fee was waived.

Anyway that's my experience, sorry if it upsets the true believers. 

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (1,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 11:02:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yah, that was supposed to be sarcastic in an ironic sort of way.

From your glowing praise of your service to date:smileywink:, I was assuming you felt trapped in a contract you wish to cancel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 12:05:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm too worn out to cancel...Perhaps thats their strategy!

Anyway...there are obviously some good things about it to...leaving the cust service asside....I really do feel the product is still not mature yet.  Having said that, even though I am not getting 18MEG down and 1.6 UP, at least it doesnt go down 10 times a day, and an hour or two outage every week or so like COX.

6 of 6 (1,640 Views)