Posted Sep 29, 2013
8:46:00 AM
View profile
Hearing Aid and new at&t cordless phone system (CLP99453)

Hello...I just installed the DECT 6.0 cordless telephone answering system that connects with my wireless through Bluetooth.  When I use the handset, I hear a hum in the line that goes away if I take out my hearing aid.  What is happening here?  Is there something I can do to prevent the hum?  I had no trouble with my previous cordless phone system.  I have a wireless internet connection  not a DSL.  Does anyone have any answers?  Thanks, in advance.

Hearing Aid and new at&t cordless phone system (CLP99453)

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 5:55:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Lakewoman527 wrote:

Hello...I just installed the DECT 6.0 cordless telephone answering system that connects with my wireless through Bluetooth.  When I use the handset, I hear a hum in the line that goes away if I take out my hearing aid.  What is happening here?  Is there something I can do to prevent the hum?  I had no trouble with my previous cordless phone system.  I have a wireless internet connection  not a DSL.  Does anyone have any answers?  Thanks, in advance.

What is the make and model of your phone?

What is the make and model of your Internet modem/router?

What services do you have (Uverse Internet, Uverse Voice, Uverse TV)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Hearing Aid and new at&t cordless phone system (CLP99453)

2 of 6 (838 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:18:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

Phone is at & t CLP 99453 DECT 6.0 cordless telephone/answering system with Bluetooth wireless technology.  Router is Netgear N600 wireless dual band WNDR3400v3.  I have wireless from a local company (www.torchlake.com).  For my cell connection I also have a 3G Microcell which I've had for 2 years to boost cell phone signal.  No problem ever with that.

My hearing aid is  Liberty SIE (Speaker in Ear) 64 channel. Just purchased this past year.

Hope you can find a solution

3 of 6 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 2:56:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Lakewoman527 wrote:

Phone is at & t CLP 99453 DECT 6.0 cordless telephone/answering system with Bluetooth wireless technology.  Router is Netgear N600 wireless dual band WNDR3400v3.  I have wireless from a local company (www.torchlake.com).  For my cell connection I also have a 3G Microcell which I've had for 2 years to boost cell phone signal.  No problem ever with that.

My hearing aid is  Liberty SIE (Speaker in Ear) 64 channel. Just purchased this past year.

Hope you can find a solution

Ok, so if I've got this right, Your DECT handset connects wirelessly to the DECT base, which connects wirelessly to your cell phone which connects wirelessy to your microcell which connects wirelessly to the cell tower. On top of that, you also have your wireless internet modem and wireless router.

I surprised your hearing aid works at all with all those radiowaves flying around your house.:smileysurprised:

But seriously, if this just started after you got the DECT phone, the easiest solution would be to either remove your hearing aid when using the DECT phone or return the phone and try a different one.

Have you spoken with the manufacturer of your hearing aid to see if they have any info as to what type of interference you should avoid?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:12:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

You are so hilarious...I hope so too.  There IS a solution and I don't think the right one is to take the hearing aid out all the time.  I'll contact the Liberty people and see what's what.  Bummer to even wear a hearing aid, but it is wonderful to hear all the things I missed before.  If that's all I have to do, it is not bad...but want to get to the bottom of this prob.  With all the radio waves.  Love the tech age.  

5 of 6 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 5:00:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Lakewoman527 wrote:

You are so hilarious...I hope so too.  There IS a solution and I don't think the right one is to take the hearing aid out all the time.  I'll contact the Liberty people and see what's what.  Bummer to even wear a hearing aid, but it is wonderful to hear all the things I missed before.  If that's all I have to do, it is not bad...but want to get to the bottom of this prob.  With all the radio waves.  Love the tech age.  

Sorry, was not trying make light of your disability.

Your right in that the solution should not have to be removing your hearing aid to use the phone.

If the hearing aid manufacturer claims there should not be any interference problems, then it's possible that either your new DECT phone and/or your hearing aid may have a defect. The phone's transmitter might be a little high in power or slightly off frequency or there could be an issue with the hearing aids shielding which makes it susceptable to the frequencies of the DECT phone.

Another possibility is that the phone is not actually affecting your hearing aid. I do not know the extent of your hearing loss, but is it possible the buzzing noise is in the phone call itself and with the hearing aid you are able to perceive it. With your "wireless chain" any one of those devices could be causing the noise.

So, the easiest and cheapest route would be call the hearing aid company and see if there are any known issues with DECT phones. If not, then swap out the phone, you might have gotten a defective one.

neon_sign.jpg

6 of 6 (793 Views)