Posted May 22, 2012
7:05:57 AM
Connectech, CANCEL (how awful they are)

Imagine my surprise when I looked up cancelling ConnecTech and reading from many forums not just this site that they are awful, that this is a YEAR LONG commitment and that people get charged MONTH AFTER MONTH despite supposedly cancelling. I only subscribed because the tech told me I could cancel AT ANY TIME. I asked more than once about this because I didn't want a stupid contract for this service. That I might add was HORRIBLE! The problem was resolved but only after 2-3 HOURS on the phone and multiple holds etc. My baby was crying and I was shaking I was so mad at this tech who was only reading a friggin PC manual!

ANYHOW so I call, I cancel...after over an HOUR on the phone just to cancel?!!?

TODAY, I see a CHARGE. Seriously AT&T?! How can they justify this, aren't there quality control tapes that we can listen to and hear they did NOT state this was a year long commitment? How about when I called to cancel, no one stated I'd keep getting charged.

IDK about anyone else but I'm considering emailing my local news station I'm sure they would be interested in seeing how many upset people they have (PLUS I'M a veteran, they're always looking at stories on companies who swindle veterans out of their money). the consumers do have SOME power. Also going to the BBB here in a minute. This is just not right, with the economy the way it is I can't see how they can STEAL from us.

I'm so dissapointed in them.

Connectech, CANCEL (how awful they are)

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 22, 2012 7:54:41 AM
(0)

Hi,

I apologize that your experience was not a positive one. I would like to get this escalated for you. Please send me a personal message with your account number, first and last name, email address and phone number.  Again, I'm sorry your experience was not pleasant.

wmertke

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Connectech, CANCEL (how awful they are)

2 of 6 (2,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2012 6:41:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just wanted to reply again to update. I did get someone to contact me about this issue (it was a blocked number just in case you all don't answer those calls). The issue was resolved to my satisfaction, I'm very pleasantly surprised. I expect that in June I shouldn't see a charge because I feel this was handled correctly. Thank you.

3 of 6 (2,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 24, 2012 9:28:53 AM
(0)
Teacher
AND they're at it again!! got a charge?! :smileysad:

4 of 6 (2,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 21, 2012 12:29:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

You will waste another 3-5 hours or more being transferred over and over the course of the year trying to get resolution from ATT and each time you call it will seem that the issue is resolved but the dept that made you a completely satisfied customer today will never let the next dept know that your service was cancelled and to turn off auto charge, instead of contacting us within 3 to 5 days for a review of the situation they should wait 2 months min.

5 of 6 (1,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 23, 2012 11:32:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having the same issue as the OP.  If AT&T won't resolve this issue, how can we get it resolved?

When I pay my bill, I deduct the monthly charge for the ConnecTech service (which I didn't order) but my statement shows I'm past due for $45 (three months of ConnecTech). I've called a couple of times but can't get this charge taken off my bill.  Will AT&T eventually turn this over to a collection agency?

Has anyone had any luck contacting the Better Business Bureau? Someone also suggested writing the FCC. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks.

6 of 6 (1,772 Views)