Posted Jan 11, 2014
10:38:57 AM
View profile
ATT dsl tech is horrible with charge

My internet was down and I called customer service for help. They sent tech to my home and repaired the outside box (in the back yard) which obviously was not my fault. Now they billed me $15/month for Connect Tech Support for which I never heard of. I am going to move my internet service to Time warner now. I advise all members on this board whenever you call for help, make sure you ask them if your service will be charged.

My internet was down and I called customer service for help. They sent tech to my home and repaired the outside box (in the back yard) which obviously was not my fault. Now they billed me $15/month for Connect Tech Support for which I never heard of. I am going to move my internet service to Time warner now. I advise all members on this board whenever you call for help, make sure you ask them if your service will be charged.

ATT dsl tech is horrible with charge

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 6:54:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

andyminh wrote:

Hi Andy, sorry to hear you're having problems with your service and your bill.

Unless you backed into the box with your lawn tractor or cut the underground cable whilst gardening, you are correct in that any issues outside the walls of your home should be AT&T's responsibility and not billed to you.

ConnecTech has nothing to do with the repairs to your lines. It's possible you were routed there by an inexperienced customer service rep in an attempt to figure out what was wrong with your service initially.

You should be able to call this number and have the ConnecTech service canceled and the charges removed. 1-866-294-3464

If that fails:

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistant) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

andyminh wrote:

Hi Andy, sorry to hear you're having problems with your service and your bill.

Unless you backed into the box with your lawn tractor or cut the underground cable whilst gardening, you are correct in that any issues outside the walls of your home should be AT&T's responsibility and not billed to you.

ConnecTech has nothing to do with the repairs to your lines. It's possible you were routed there by an inexperienced customer service rep in an attempt to figure out what was wrong with your service initially.

You should be able to call this number and have the ConnecTech service canceled and the charges removed. 1-866-294-3464

If that fails:

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistant) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT dsl tech is horrible with charge

2 of 2 (666 Views)