Get the myAT&T app
Good367's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, July 28th, 2014 9:35 PM

online AT&T Bundle Promotions order is like a fraud

I saw online AT&T Bundle Promotions and verified my address is eligible for that. I went through all the online order processing and successfully put the order on July 9, 2014. Quickly I got AT&T order confirmation email. I thought everything should be fine because computer can not lie to us.

After successful installation on July 16, 2014, I signed up myAT&T account. I suddenly saw order items price in myAT&T account are much different from my original order. They are full prices without any promotion. Also, billing and usage shows me full prices without any promotion. I online chatted and called AT&T support times, told them the order is not the same as my original order. But they said different words, some said they can not change the price and gave me a phone number to call, some said the promotions no longer exist so I have to take the changes, some said your u-verse internet Max Plus no longer exist so we downgraded!!!!! (at that moment, I hate myself to trust AT&T and wish I did not do any business with AT&T)

I had to go to AT&T local store to ask help. A local AT&T staff told me normally they do not support those kind things but gave me a phone number 1-866-746-4551. I called this number from AT&T local store. A lady with name “Sue” took my call. I told her the whole story and finally she found my original order. She said she will restore my original order and fixed it. I asked her gave me a reference# or confirmation# but she said she does not have it. She said trust her and I will get a call from AT&T in 2 days. 2 days later, I went to myAT&T account and found one time credit for me but still less than my original promotions. Important thing is the order items price are still full priced without any promotion. I believe my each monthly bill will be based on those full price and I have to call AT&T each month to get the promotion price. I called 1-866-746-4551 again, a lady with name “chasander” took my call. Went through the same process as “Sue”, she found my original order. I asked her to restore my original order and she insists to swap $5.00 between internet Max Plus and home phone. Actually the same total promotion price as my original order but I did not understand why (I am worrying about this will make things complicated when I have to call support in the feature.). I had to take it and she created a new order for me. Right now, I can see the new order total monthly price is the same as my original order.

In my mind AT&T is NOT the same AT&T I thought. I believe what happed to me is fundamental is wrong. You should keep your promise, otherwise shutdown your promotion site. I believe the computer can not lie to us. Those happened to me I believe human made.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Good367!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to investigate further, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having similar issues with AT&T.   The Account Representative first response to any billing problem is to sale me a new promotion bundle.  The new promotion bundle doesn’t solve the problem and the added charges for bundle swapping are not forth coming.   I’ve had AT&T Uverse service for five months and each monthly payment is different, as much as 40%.    Account Representatives seemed to be paid for selling bundles, not solving problems and can’t be trusted.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Also, I compared the 4 orders (created by AT&T supports : I am guessing to fix the mistake repeatly) in AT&T myAccount with my original order (never showed in myAccount). I found myAccount orders added those conditions: "U-verse Internet price includes 250 GB of data/mo. $10 for each additional 50GB, with a maximum monthly overage charge of $20. For more information, go to att.com/internet-usage."

Those conditions never exist in my original order. I believe most of people will NOT want U-verse Internet service if they see those conditions before put a order. This is my first time realy see internet has data limit/cap!!!! I called 1-866-746-4551 this morning and a lady with name "Whitney" took my call. She is very professional and try her best to help me. She said there is only one condition that have to stay with AT&T 12 month for this promtion and there is no such U-verse Internet data cap or limit in my original order. She also said she will waive my installation fee for those mistakes. It will take up to 24 hours I can see the changes. This made me feel a little bit better.

Also, I found someones from 1-866-746-4551 DO NOT want to take my case after looked at my account and problems. They used some execuses to switch my call to someone else (noone took my call or just cut of the line).

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Just got email from LT Social Media Manager. After read the email, I believe the LT Social Media Manager got a wrong important information from their side!!!! They told the LT Social Media Manager "Before the installation happens you are sent a Customer Service Summary to a preferred email address. That service summary outlines all of the fees that you are responsible for prior to the install date.". Those statements are totally NOT TRUE!!!! I was NEVER sent an email about prices and fees from AT&T before the installation!!! I still save all those emails from AT&T since I put my order online. The emails only said I can see my account details after I signed up AT&T online myAccount But there was no way I could sign up Before the installation. I tried many times Before the installation. The facts told me customers only can sign up AT&T online myAccount after installation process was finished.

If I do not tell AT&T the truth, someone covered this big mistake. I believe this will repeat and play this game again, again!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I am having a similar issue with the AT&T team. It's been more than a month facing horrible experience with AT&T internet service.  They don't even know what has been promised and what has been told to a customer, every time new agent come and start telling their way of making the new billing.  I hope, there must be a single point of contact to handle the same issue to ensure they understand what has been promised and document proper.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.