Posted Aug 30, 2013
how to file a complaint about a driver

How do uou file a complaint about one of your drivers? I drive a school bus and your driver cut me off almost sending me into a semi truck. His lane had ended and he flew up past my bus on my left side in a turn lane and cut me off. I had to slam on my brakes and pull to the right to avoid him. He had no regards to anyone on my bus. To top it off it is a handicap bus. I have on board camera to back up any disputes. His plates are from oh and plate number is *************. I thought your drivers were supposed to present a professionalism representing uour company.i know i am held at a high standard and he should be accountable for his wreckless driving that could have injured quite a few kids. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

how to file a complaint about a driver

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

ws6fastchick wrote:

How do uou file a complaint about one of your drivers? I drive a school bus and your driver cut me off almost sending me into a semi truck. His lane had ended and he flew up past my bus on my left side in a turn lane and cut me off. I had to slam on my brakes and pull to the right to avoid him. He had no regards to anyone on my bus. To top it off it is a handicap bus. I have on board camera to back up any disputes. His plates are from oh and plate number is *************. I thought your drivers were supposed to present a professionalism representing uour company.i know i am held at a high standard and he should be accountable for his wreckless driving that could have injured quite a few kids. 

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

Or, considering you're a school bus driver, and you have video, All you need to do is report the driver to the local authorities. They can issue a ticket in absentia, which will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle (AT&T), and because you-know-what rolls down hill, the driver will get his due.

I know first hand how well that works because I once went by a school bus that was stopped on a side street perpindicular to the street I was on. I did not see any children and because the bus was on the side street I did not even see the stop lights or the swing out sign, I just thought she was waiting to go through the intersection, but the driver felt what I did was illegal so she reported me and I got a ticket in the mail for passing a stopped bus (which is not something I would do knowingly).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how to file a complaint about a driver

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

Thank you! I already messaged customer care and im waiting to hear from them. 

Here in ohio if you run a school buses red lights it is a heafty ticket plus possibly losing your license. I already had one run them this year and school just started. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

I also am not happy how someone went in my original post and block out the plate number and vehicle id number. Obviously someone from att wants no one to know what vehicle violates the laws here

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2013
(0)

Forum guidelines do not allow the posting of personally identifiable information (yours or someone else's), and the moderators and administrators retain the right to modify content at their discretion.  The details of the incident you relate are between you, AT&T and any authorities that may become involved, but identifying details are not really appropriate for this public forum.  I am definitely opposed to aggresive driving affecting school buses, and you correctly sought and received information on how to contact the right people, but publicly posting the license plate is not necessary to resolve the issue.  I imagine you would not want any personally identifiying information of yours posted if the situation were reversed.  Please refer to Forum Guidelines if you would like any further clarification.  I do hope a resolution is achieved that meets your satisfaction.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2013
(0)

This also happend to me. I was driving down 102 in chester nh when a at&t driver pulled right infront of me when i was going 40-45 mph forcing me to slam on my brakes and cut into the dirt. This driver purposly tried to hit me, it was a open road for atleast 5 miles where there where no cars just me. The driver forcfully cut right infront of me trying to make a crash. I hope you will take this into consideration due to the fact he is representing your company and I feal he is a hazzard on the road,otherwise, i would not wast my time writing a complaint(which takes quite a bit of time). License plate number *****

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2013
(0)

Hi ws6fastchick,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you to look into this.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2013
(0)
I received a msg from one of your managers and I responded with my phone number they asked for but have yet to receive a call from anyone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 24, 2014
(0)

First off, I was traveling south on Rt.8, roughly 9:45, on my way downtown to work and drop my children off at daycare, when a Digital Life truck driving along side of me was texting while he was driving. Which, I thought was ironic since thats all I see is the hand thats says texting and driving, it can wait. I got behind him and we both turned right onto the same street. He continued straight as I pulled into McDonalds for go through the drive-thru. At that point I was going to let it go until we were traveling south on rt.28 and noticed the same vehicle. Now there were 2 guys in the truck and he was driving in the left lane, he did put his turn signal on to try and get into the right lane but there were no openings, so he accelerated at a very high speed then cut off a tractor-trailer which had to slam the brakes which almost made me rearend the truck. Not only did he cut everyone off he then preceeded to cross another lane to get into his exist lane. The ending of the truck was 83***.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 24, 2014
(0)

Hello @lressler 

Thank you for reporting it to us. This is definitely a very serious issue and I will contact the right people to address it right away.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.