For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Penny 42's profile

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 15th, 2014 1:29 AM

Closed

how can you let a customer for years go or keep putting up with messed up phones

I was told after having problems with my phones for a year and I didn't want anymore that I can either get another one or let me go I was hurt I have returned like 5 x and it still shut off all the time and then it would do whatever it wanted an then mind you we had 3different types of Samsung and I don't ever want a sa.sung again I had 3lines and been with them for years and to throw us away like this after paying over 200 a month I'm shocked

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I understand the feeling. It goes bothways to be honest

AT&T gives a discount ~ $400 in exchange, for the 2 year contract, you promised to stay around long enought to pay them back.

If you leave now, they'd ask you to pay the fee, essentially to pay back the rest of the discount, since you won't be paying them via monthly service.

Usually, AT&T will let you get another one just fine (although price may be an issue). If your payment history is good, AT&T will even help you get a discount off the retail price of the phone. It wouldn't suprise me, if AT&T offered $100-$200 discount off of smartphones.

They have also added a special that allowed many customers (not everyone though) to get the AT&T Next upgrade option early. The AT&T Next program doesn't make much sense unless you also get the MobileShare Value plans, (they provide discounts for having AT&T Next)  If you can get the Next program, check out the discount program here. www.myattrpc.com

-Alex

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Penny 42 wrote:
I was told after having problems with my phones for a year and I didn't want anymore that I can either get another one or let me go I was hurt I have returned like 5 x and it still shut off all the time and then it would do whatever it wanted an then mind you we had 3different types of Samsung and I don't ever want a sa.sung again I had 3lines and been with them for years and to throw us away like this after paying over 200 a month I'm shocked

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below. There's no guarantee they can do anything, since the warranty program is pretty straight-forward, but it's worth a shot to see if they can figure out another option.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.