Need help understanding your bill?
janna57's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 1:07 PM

family mobile share plan of 10GB data

My adult daughter on my plan kept going over her 3 Gb of data.  I put smart limits on her phone, then once she went over her limit she had difficulty with texting.  She was not getting her texts.  I only meant for her not to exceed 3 Gb of data, nothing else.  

She found my password.  She called them up pretending to be me, and upgraded to family mobile share.  She is telling me that the bill will be cheaper.  I am having a hard time believing it, as I am sure there are unhidden fees.

She is the only one with smart phone.  My phone is hnot smart and no longer underconract.  My husband has a flip phone and is on  two year contract as of April  2014.

I am willing to go cheaper, but I am not believeing this.  Currently my bill runs about $199 .  That is with one non smart phone with no contract, one non smart phone with contract, and one smart phone under contract.  And, 3GB data for smart phone.  This includes unlimited shared texting and 750 tallk minutes.  

My dd switched that to 10 GB of shared data.  Of course, shen is the only one with smart phone.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

@janna57 wrote:

My adult daughter on my plan kept going over her 3 Gb of data.  I put smart limits on her phone, then once she went over her limit she had difficulty with texting.  She was not getting her texts.  I only meant for her not to exceed 3 Gb of data, nothing else.  

She found my password.  She called them up pretending to be me, and upgraded to family mobile share.  She is telling me that the bill will be cheaper.  I am having a hard time believing it, as I am sure there are unhidden fees.

She is the only one with smart phone.  My phone is hnot smart and no longer underconract.  My husband has a flip phone and is on  two year contract as of April  2014.

I am willing to go cheaper, but I am not believeing this.  Currently my bill runs about $199 .  That is with one non smart phone with no contract, one non smart phone with contract, and one smart phone under contract.  And, 3GB data for smart phone.  This includes unlimited shared texting and 750 tallk minutes.  

My dd switched that to 10 GB of shared data.  Of course, shen is the only one with smart phone.

i cant see how she was having trouble receiving texts with smart limits being on the phone, unless it was mms. mms messages wont show/download because it needs to have a data connection or wifi(yes, certain phones will allow mms to come thru without any type of data connection, my m8 does). i had smart limits on a phone because my nephew kept going over his limit, but he was still able to receive texts, just couldnt get the picture to download. now as far as the plan being cheaper, shes right. basic phones on the mobile share plan are only 15 dollars per phone per monthly access. now, a smart phone with next, out of contract, or paid in full will be 15 dollars per phone for the monthly access. if shes on the next plan, you have to add in the monthly installment with the 15 dollars until the phone is paid off, then it will be just 15 dollars per month for as long as you have service. if shes on a 2 year contract, the monthly access will be 40 dollars per month for two years, and after the contract is up, the monthly access amount will go to being just 15 dollars. so, this is what a plan will look like. 100 for the plan+15 per basic phone+15 per basic phone+15 for a smart phone=145. this is without taxes and insurance. 

plan with next=100+15(basic phone)+15(basic phone)+15(smartphone)+(monthly installment payment for a phone)

plan with a smartphone on a two year contract=100+15(basic phone)+15(basic phone)+40(smartphone on a contract)=170. these prices do not include taxes and insurance. 

you have to find out if she chose to do a next plan or if she actually did the two year agreement. and to avoid having her doing something like this again, i strongly recommend that you change your password.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for reply. She is not on the next plan. Phone contract was in
February 2013. It was a two year agreement.

Would I be able to downgrade this again? I just do not want my bill to go
up anymore. Once her contract is up, and I am dropping the line from my
account.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

i dont think that you can go back to the old plan, but you can choose a lower data plan and still have unlimited talk and text with the mobile share plan.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I'm gonna guess she  has an iphone. She just needs to turn off her imessaging when she's run out of data, that'll help her phones use the basic texting, instead of trying to use imessage and failing.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.