Need help understanding your bill?
haymadscaro's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 4:25 AM

Will I have to pay an ETF??

My two year contract started on July 5th, 2013 and doesn't end until July 5th, 2015. I checked our wireless account and it says that I am eligible for AT&T Next although my two year contract doesn't end until next year. I was planning on switching to Next anyways. So does this mean that I could get the iPhone 6 now even though my contract isn't over with no penalty? Or will I have to pay an early termination fee to sign up for AT&T Next since my contract isn't over? What will be the difference in my family's bill? I will be the only one on AT&T Next.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Nope no ETF!  Please keep in mind, you will still be bound by your original contract date should you wish to discontinue service with AT&T prior to July 2015.  AT&T Next is a new type of agreement which is seperate from your 2 year commitment.  Your only commitments with AT&T Next is completing your monthly installments.  Also, just as a side note, you also have the flexibility paying off the device early if you so choose.  It really is the best way to go, plus gets you a discount on your mobile share plan!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

If your account says you qualify for NEXT, there is no ETF to upgrade using NEXT. There will be no difference in your bill. Your only increase will be the cost of the phone on NEXT.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

So to go to AT&T Next without my two year contract ending I will have no ETF? Thank you again!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so much kdfederer and scorpdog93!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Scorpdog93,

You mentioned that "Please keep in mind, you will still be bound by your original contract date should you wish to discontinue service with AT&T prior to July 2015"

I need a clarification on this.. If my phone is on 2 year contract and after 20 months I shift to AT&T next and get a new phone. Will my old phone be still under contract for another 4 months ? I was told by AT&T CS that my old phone 2 yr contract will end right away the day I switch to AT&T Next. Is this not right ?

Also will my Old phone be eligible for unlock after I switch to AT&T Next ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.