For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
caryrae73's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 7:10 PM

Will AT&T let me upgrade 2 months early?

My contract ends on Nov 17th this year, I want to get the new iPhone 6 that's is coming Sept 19th does anyone know if they will allow me to upgrade a little early and sign a new 2 year contract? I know about the ATT next program but I don't want to pay the extra money every month you have to pay with Next.

Former Employee

• 

107 Messages

10 years ago

Honestly, with the new mobile share plans, NEXT costs less in the long run. Say it's 32.5 for the 6. With 10gb mobile share you get a 25$ credit for being out of contract or on next. That's 7.5 a month for the phone. After 12 months, when you can trade in, you paid 90$ for your iphone 6. AND you qualify for upgrade right when the new iphone comes out!

That being said, I think you ahve to qualify for upgrade at the time of the order to preorder. Once it's officially released they may to an exception, but by then it could be on back order.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Guess I'll have to take a look at Next, I didn't realize you get credit/discount for using it. I do pay $61 total for unlimited talk and text and 2gb data. I do get an %18 discount on my bill now through my work.

Former Employee

• 

107 Messages

10 years ago

Keep in mind that if you have a lower data plan the credit is 15$. The 25$ credit is for 10gb and higher, but even with just a 15$ bill credit it's 210$, and since there is not an upgrade fee, it's still, long run, 30$ cheaper.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Not sure now. I went to the att site and put in a $299 phone, which the iPhone 6+ will be. If I did that through the Next service it's $103 a month for my same package I have now, which is $1236 a year, $2472 for 2 years. If I did another 2 year contract it would be $299 for phone and $61 a month service which works out to be 1st year $1032 which includes price of phone. 2nd year would be $732, so after 2 years I would have payed $1764 with a 2 year contract. So over 2 years it's $700 cheaper to do the 2 year contract. I usually do 2 years cause I don't need a new phone every year. Plus I can sell my current iPhone 5 for a chunk of money.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My contract ends on 11/3/14 and I was also curious about upgrading early, but it seems only Verizon is doing early upgrades.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I say this being with AT&T for about 6 years now. AT&T is bad in regards to early upgrade. My contract is up until 7 Nov but does not allow me to sign up for a 2 year plan!

One thing to remember.. the iPhone delivery is not immediate and by the time the new phone gets into hand it will be another 30 days. By allowing to sign up early, atleast by 30 days, I do not think AT&T is losing anything.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.