Posted Dec 5, 2012
11:03:50 AM
Why can't I get the newer att.net email since I installed Windows 8?

Since installing Windows 8, I can't access the newer att.net email.  The message I get suggests that I return to Classic email.

How can I get access to the newer version?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 11:20:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

All users with Internet Explorer 10 are seeing the same behavior including me.  The only solution at this time is to click on use classic mail, or access your mail using another browser like chrome, firefox, etc.

It's not AT&T's issue it's Yahoo's mail not being compatable with IE10.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Why can't I get the newer att.net email since I installed Windows 8?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 11:20:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

All users with Internet Explorer 10 are seeing the same behavior including me.  The only solution at this time is to click on use classic mail, or access your mail using another browser like chrome, firefox, etc.

It's not AT&T's issue it's Yahoo's mail not being compatable with IE10.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why can't I get the newer att.net email since I installed Windows 8?

2 of 4 (3,890 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 11:44:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Another option is to use the built in mail client that comes with Windows 8. Enter in your credientals and it should sync with your email and downlaod them each time you get a new email.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

3 of 4 (3,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 14, 2013 4:00:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

How do you change the time in the classic mail? It is five hours ahead of my locak time.

I tried using the windows 8 mail and it has some issues... no contact folder, cannot flag important mail, etc. You need to go to the Microsoft forums and read all of the problems this mail is having.

I went to system recovery and started over.

4 of 4 (2,930 Views)