Get the myAT&T app
nealoc187's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Friday, November 4th, 2011 8:52 PM

Why are my sports package channels not working?

Let me preface this by saying that I've gone through this before (adding and deleting sports package when certain games are scheduled to be aired that I really want to watch) and the sports package has always started working within about 10-15 minutes before.

I called today and added the sports package with a regular CSR then spoke to someone in retentions and she upgraded me from U200 to U300.  Total phone call time was about an hour, starting at 2pm central.  I got off the phone about 3pm central.  By the time I got off the phone, the U300 upgrade was working - I can view the U300 channels just fine.  However the Sports Package channels are not working yet.  

So I called back and spoke to a different CSR.  She said she would put the order back through in order to make sure the previous CSR had performed all the necessary steps.  She said to wait 15 minutes and it should be working.  It's been 45 minutes now and they are still not working.  

I have a bunch of people coming over tonight to watch this game.  I have to have it working.  Why would one of the changes I made to the account (U200 to U300 upgrade) take effect, but the other change I made to the account (adding sports package) not take effect?

When I log in on att.com and view my services, it says I have the Sports Package so I think everything went through okay.  Same when I view my account through the set top box channel 9910 - it says on there I have the sports package now as well.

Need some help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@nealoc187 wrote:

channel 1737 is the channel in question that has the game i want to watch ( though every channel in the sports package is giving the message).  just got off the phone with cust svc again and they said that the addition of the sports package is set to take place at 11:59pm tonight... why would U300 go into effect immediately and the sports package wait til 11:59pm?  then she changed her story and said that it would possibly be on by 8pm (1.5 hours from this post).

Yes, I had a hunch that you were trying to tune to the RSN's.  As mentioned below, the RSN's are not included in the Sports Package.  The RSN's are part of the HD Premium Tier Package which is available for $5/month.  

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Reboot your residential gateway (RG) by unplugging it and plugging it back in, and following that, reboot your DVR unit the same way. Following that, reboot your STB units the same way.

Wait at least 5 minutes after all boxes are up and running and see if the channels will now come in.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Completed that.  Waited an hour or so.  Still saying I am not subscribed to any sports package channels.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Can you provide a channel number that you are seeing that message on?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

channel 1737 is the channel in question that has the game i want to watch ( though every channel in the sports package is giving the message).  just got off the phone with cust svc again and they said that the addition of the sports package is set to take place at 11:59pm tonight... why would U300 go into effect immediately and the sports package wait til 11:59pm?  then she changed her story and said that it would possibly be on by 8pm (1.5 hours from this post).

I have added and canceled the sports package numerous times (based on specific games showing on specific channels that I want to see, but I don't need to sports package in a month when no games of interest are being shown).  the sports package has always been working within about 5 minutes of me getting off the phone with CSR and adding it.  this time being different makes no sense.

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

12 years ago

Channel 1737 is Fox Sports Detroit and is not part of the sprots package.

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

12 years ago

These are the channels is the sports package

CBS Sports Network 643 CBSSN
CBS Sports Network HD 1643 CBSSHD
Fox College Sports - Atlantic 647 FCSA
Fox College Sports - Central 648 FCSC
Fox College Sports - Pacific 649 FCSP
FOX Deportes 655 FOXDEP
FOX Deportes 3114 FOXDEP
GolTV 656 GOL TV
GolTV 3115 GOL TV
GolTV HD 1656 GOL HD
GolTV HD 3415 GOL HD
HRTV 672 HRTV
Outdoor Channel 680 OUT
Outdoor Channel HD 1680 OUT HD
Sportsman Channel 642 SPMN
SportsNet New York 704 SNNY
SportsTime Ohio 735 STO
SportsTime Ohio HD 1735 STO HD
The Tennis Channel 660 TENNIS
The Tennis Channel HD 1660 TENNHD
TVG Network 670 TVG
YES HD 1702 YESHD
YES Network 702 YES

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Well that would explain it then. Is that a change from around this time last year, or was it the same then too?  I used to have all the RSNs, but maybe I had them in addition to the sports package.  I should have done my research.

Guess I need to call and cancel the sports package tomorrow since it is not at all what I need, now that NHL network has been dropped.

This begs the question though, of the 6 CSRs I spoke to today, how come not a single one thought to check this?  I was specifically asked by at least 4, perhaps 5 of the CSRs which channel (name and number) I was looking for.  And why was smoke being blown at me especially by the last lady who said she showed an order pending for 11:59pm, etc.  Ugh.  I guess this is what you get when you don't research on your own.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

12 years ago

Yes it is a change I don't remember exectly when but it was sometime this year.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@nealoc187 wrote:

Well that would explain it then. Is that a change from around this time last year, or was it the same then too?  I used to have all the RSNs, but maybe I had them in addition to the sports package.  I should have done my research.

The change was made in December 2010.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.