Get the myAT&T app
NRobert's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 7:07 PM

Why advertise if not everyone can get Uverse?

I want to go on the record and say AT&T SUCKS!!!! My neighbor next door gets Uverse, i'm 1 house away on the corner, and they say i'm to far and can't get it!! I see your ads every freaking day a million times a day, seem like every other ad is yours about calling to get it!! We have been a long time customer and now want to go somewhere else cause i'm really sick of your false advertising for this Uverse!! Fk Ya'll very much!!! You suck AT&T!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

They do have a national footprint, so they advertise.  On TV ads, it always says geographic restrictions, meaning only certain areas can get Uveerse.

Don't be so quick, in the near future, ATT 4G LTE will be providing service:

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661&mapcode=corporate 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I see commercials for KMart and the nearest one to my house is 220 miles away.  I see commercials for Lonestar Steak house and there isn't any in Texas.  Commercials air all over, not just towns/neighborhoods/houses that can recieve a product.

If you are truly trying to get the service,  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends and holidays when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

I see commercials for KMart and the nearest one to my house is 220 miles away.  I see commercials for Lonestar Steak house and there isn't any in Texas.  Commercials air all over, not just towns/neighborhoods/houses that can recieve a product.

Actually They just built one down here in the Houston/Galveston area. EDIT: Nevermind, it's a longhorn steakhouse.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@NRobert wrote:
I want to go on the record and say AT&T SUCKS!!!! My neighbor next door gets Uverse, i'm 1 house away on the corner, and they say i'm to far and can't get it!! I see your ads every freaking day a million times a day, seem like every other ad is yours about calling to get it!! We have been a long time customer and now want to go somewhere else cause i'm really sick of your false advertising for this Uverse!! Fk Ya'll very much!!! You suck AT&T!!!

DirecTV and Dish Network advertise nationally, but not everyone can get satellite service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I agree that att sucks. I have called for a year about uverse. No one will tell me anything about it other than it is not available. I get mail offering their new tv services but not internet. I am a big video gamer and need better download and upload speeds than the dsl has to offer. I don't want to go on this 4g lte when ever it comes out. Everytime I call and ask if it is coming to my area at all and everyone tells me "we offer dsl for your area" even though I told them I am a dsl customer. Also I called their dsl tech support the other day because my upload speed was testing out at .126 kbps when it should be at least 4kbps. Well the lady ran her speed test and said it was fine, that the trouble wasn't through the lines. Well after I got of the phone with her I checked my inside phone lines where they are all connected and the lines where loose. I tighten the lines back up and my up load jumped up to .346 kbps. All in all she lied to me. I just wish someone tell me right away if uverse is coming to my house or not. I wish there was another internet provider for my location because i would leave. I will also mention that att has cancled my order before because when I moved almost two years ago they gave me a new number. Well they gave me a number of someone who canceled their service so it canceled mine. Then when they finally connected my service it took them two weeks to burry the outside line and cracked my neighbors drive way in the proccess.

Former Employee

• 

162 Messages

10 years ago

If you're receiving mailing's about our U-Verse tv service, I guarantee you U-Verse internet is available, at least up to 18.0 Mbps, because you can't have the tv service without the internet being available. Unfortunately most CSR's such as myself do not have information on when U-Verse service will be available in your area, so please do not assume that we are deliberately not giving you the information. What you can do is request an address validation case be opened for you. This is the definitive way to know if we service your address or not.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I've already checked, and it still was not available to me!! so i changed internet providers and no longer with AT&T!! Been very happy with my new provider!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.