Posted Aug 16, 2013
Very disappointed in moving my Uverse service

I have been a long time AT&T customer with many different services.  I am currently in the process of moving and submitted an order to relocate my uverse service from my old residence to my new residence.  I received email confirmation from AT&T that my order was successful and I received a date in which my service would be connected at my new address.  While waiting for the technician during the two hour window that I was given I decided to look up my order to see when I may expect the technician only to find out that there have been "Facilities Issues" and that my service cannot be connected at my new location for another week!  This is completely unacceptable for so many reasons. 

1. I NEVER received any type of correspondence with regards to this sudden "issue" and therefore took time off work to sit and wait for a technician that obviously never arrived.

2. If I were a brand new customer requesting NEW uverse service - I would have been connected within 24-48 hours, why isn't AT&T as concerned with maintaining their current customers??? 

3. My request was submitted a week ago - so AT&T engineers and technicians have had a week to handle any "Facilities issues". 

All in all - I think it may be time to start looking for a new cable/tv service provider.  AT&T needs to start considering that customer service should start with your current customers not those that do not pay your salaries yet. 

Very disappointed in moving my Uverse service

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

I agree that you should have been informed of any delays in completing your order.  As for the issues, unlike typical cable they aren't known until your service is set to be installed. A new install takes 2 visits, one for an outside tech to set up the wiring from the VRAD to your house ( you don't have to be there for that visit).  That is usually a day before your scheduled install day.  The 2nd visit (you're required to be home) is the inside tech who will do everything inside the house.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Very disappointed in moving my Uverse service

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2013
(0)
Community Support

Hi cmonroe14,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 23, 2013
(0)
Contributor

I am also disappointed.  We are moving our Uverse service only three blocks to a house where the previous owners had Uverse service.  When I called to place an order I was told that an order couldn't be taken until the service atthe new address was terminated.  I agreed but mentioned that I didn't want to then be told that it would be several days until an order could be filled.  I called on the day the former owners cancelled their service and was told that mine could not be connected untilthree weeks later.  So, this now means three weeks without phone, internet or cable.  What a way to treat a customer that you already had in your hands.

I have other significant complaints about AT&T (high and hard to decipher international roamong changes in the early iPhone days, poor coverage in some parts of the country (where Verizon had spectacular coverage), etc.  They are trying but not making the target.  This latest policy screw up sends the signal one more time that the customers don't matter until the competition starts to pull them away.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2013
(0)
Contributor
I am having the same issue. Every time I call it's a different story. And I'm just moving downstairs in the same apartment complex, so it should have been resolved already. Now I am on my iPhone to use the internet trying to troubleshoot what is going on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)
Community Support

Hello Dat-Nguyen87,

I'm sorry about the trouble you experienced to move your services within the same apartment complex. The provisioning that takes place to activate the new location is the same as when new services are established. I have sent you a private message to ensure your services are working at your new location.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.