For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
wits-end's profile

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

Monday, September 15th, 2014 8:56 PM

Uverse Move and 300.00 Rewards Card

I contacted Uverse on 8-15 to see about moving my U300 and Internet service to my new address. After about 45 min on the phone with C/S it was determined that service was available at my new address and sched installation for a few days later. I was also told that I would also receive a 300.00 rewards card for moving my service but only after inquiring about it. I have checked att.rewards for the last several days and no eligible rewards were showing for my acct number and zip code combo. I initiated a chat session with the rewards department and after a half hour on chat they said there is nothing they can do that i needed to contact Uverse C/S because it wasnt submited by Uverse.  Called C/S and explained conversation and promise of rewards card  and was informed that since i had a discount on my service that I was not eligible for the rewards card. Nothing was mentioned on 8-15 when i initially contacted Uverse about discounts vs Rewards only that I was eligible and that service needed to be active for 30 days. I feel like i was told whatever it took to keep my buisness, calls are recorded so there is a record if they cared enough to look into it.  Hopefully someone else has had a similar experience and was able to get it resolved and can share that info with me. 

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I believe the $300 reward card for moving services is if you do it all on-line and don't engage a customer service rep.

Edit #1: I found this:

$300 AT&T Reward Card: Offer for existing residential customers who transfer their existing U-verse TV plan (U-family or higher) to another eligible service address. Offer ends November 8, 2014. Offer may not be available to customers with other promotional offers/plans. Card redemption required. Monthly receiver fee waiver: After 12 months, $8 per month fee applies. Activation fee: Waived for existing residential customers who transfer their existing U-verse TV plan (U-family or higher) before November 8, 2014.

Edit #2:  I was able to find this information under the "Current AT&T Promotions, Offers, Deals and More" here: http://www.att-services.net/att-promotions.html#.VBdVAMt0z4Y

Move Your Service $30 off TV Offer with 12-month Discount: Offer for existing residential customers who transfer their existing U-verse TV plan (U-family or higher) to an eligible service address. 12-month term required. An early termination fee of up to $180 may apply if U-verse TV is disconnected before end of term. After 12 months, standard rates apply unless canceled by customer. Offer may not be available to customers with other promotional offers or plans. Offer ends February 1, 2015.

• Move Your Service $49 Activation Fee Waiver: For existing residential customers who transfer their existing U-verse TV plan (U-family or higher) before February 1, 2015.
  • Move Your Service Wireless Receiver Free for One Year Offer: Existing residential U-verse customers adding a wireless receiver when transferring their TV plan (U-family or higher) to an eligible service address before February 1, 2015, will receive the one-time $49 equipment fee and monthly receiver fee waived. After 12 months, an $8 per month fee applies. Wireless Receiver: limit 2 per household; requires power and connection to TV; range of wireless signal is limited; go to att.com/freedom for details.

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

BeeBee thank you for the research you did on this. Initially I tried to move my service online without the assistance of a C/S rep but online showed service not available at my new address (apt) even though my neighbors had ATT service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same experience.  I was told by a customer service representative that my service qualified for the $300 reward card for moving my exsisitng service to my new address.  I completed the move request on line and followed up on the card on several occasions.  I was never told that my existing service did not qualify.  I was told that I had to wait 90 days, which I did, and was then told that it was being mailed out on the following week (this was the end of October 2014).  I called again today, 12/1/14 and I am now being told I did not qualify for a reward card and that $300 was never offered for transferring service.  I asked to speak to a supervisor to only be transferred to another customer service representive that was very rude and kept me on hold for 20 minutes, citing technical difficulties (isn't this their area of exertise) before trasferring me to a supervisor.  Supervisor was able to pull up my call on 10/22/14 but only had documented the part of how they charged me $150 in error for equipment I returned (another scam they tried to get away with) but not that my reward card was being mailed out.  BUYER BEWARE!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

@FLboho wrote:

I am having the same experience.  I was told by a customer service representative that my service qualified for the $300 reward card for moving my exsisitng service to my new address.  I completed the move request on line and followed up on the card on several occasions.  I was never told that my existing service did not qualify.  I was told that I had to wait 90 days, which I did, and was then told that it was being mailed out on the following week (this was the end of October 2014).  I called again today, 12/1/14 and I am now being told I did not qualify for a reward card and that $300 was never offered for transferring service.  I asked to speak to a supervisor to only be transferred to another customer service representive that was very rude and kept me on hold for 20 minutes, citing technical difficulties (isn't this their area of exertise) before trasferring me to a supervisor.  Supervisor was able to pull up my call on 10/22/14 but only had documented the part of how they charged me $150 in error for equipment I returned (another scam they tried to get away with) but not that my reward card was being mailed out.  BUYER BEWARE!!!

I suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your issues. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.  Speed things up by including in your PM: Your Billing Account Number, and the best way and time to reach you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

same experience here.

I was told that I would get a moving reward card $300 when I transfered the services. then when I completed the service transfer, I was told that I was not eligible for the reward.

the reason I was given is that I had some discounts on TV and Internet when I set up the original service and those discounts were still in effect when the service was transfered.  if I had paid the regular price, then I would have been eligible for $300.

I think the moving reward card is a total scam from AT&T. I would think most customers, if not all have some sort of discounts with their Att services, therefore it is literally impossible for anyone to be egilible for this reward.

I was pretty happy with their serices so far, i got TV and internet plus paying over $200 for wireless lines, etc. but now I think twice when new service providers come along.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have had similar experiences with different plans and deals, and have even had the conversation recorded on a little tape recorder left over from college days. They still owe me for one month's service, plus a gift card $50 from when I signed up.

You will never get satisfaction, vote with your feet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Just moved bundles tv, cell and Internet suppose to get a 300 gift.?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hurry to https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx .  You have to "redeem" your reward before they will send it to you.  Click on the links at the top of that page for more information on the process.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I switched from cox and the whole experience has been a nightmare. They wanted to charge me $99 set up fee . Months later I still can't get a correct bill. Can't get anyone on the phone so I keep having to go to the att store. When I finally went to use my $300 card I was told it was only $100.. now what??? Very disappointing. I would cancel but I have a 12 month contract. I might just go ahead and break it.. I have decided not to use any of them as soon as the 12 months are done. I'm so fed up with them all. Greedy thiefs! I have never ever written anything but I feel I must at this point.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.