For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
syclick's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, September 26th, 2014 11:16 PM

Upgrade Eligibility not reverting back after cancelled iPhone 6 Plus preorder through Apple.com

I'd preordered an iPhone 6 Plus through the Apple.com website, then cancelled it because I was going to camp out overnight for launch day. When I got to the front of the line, my upgrade eligibility had not reverted back, and I was not able to upgrade to the 6 Plus. I walked away empty handed and livid.

More than a week has passed since then, and my eligibility has not reverted. I've called AT&T support several times, and I've even gotten a case number, but it doesn't seem to have done any good.

Even if I were to find a 6 Plus at this point, I still couldn't upgrade.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

The same thing is currently happening to me. This began yesterday. I canceled my preorder at Apple. I still show not elidgible for an upgrade on ATT. ATT reps I have spoken too said it takes 24 hours to change back. But, reading your store and others here, I have my doubts.

Good luck, if you find any tricks let me know. Thanks!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Any luck yet? I'm still waiting too. I hate the delay. They can see the preorder canceled. So why the delay. Crazy. So annoyed at them.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

No luck yet. It's been 9.5 days. Man Frustrated

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Wow that is terrible, do you call, and how do they justify their 72 hour time table when it is going on 10 days for you?

They are rotten.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I have called numerous times. At first I was told to wait for it to eventually revert back. After 5 days, they finally took it (semi) seriously and issued me a case number. After 10 days, I haven't been contacted, but I've been told to wait until someone contacts me, which should be Oct 3rd at the latest.

I've tried to call back, but all I get is, "You've been issued a case number, so please wait until you're contacted."

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I just got my case number. October 8th, I am supposed to be contacted. So much for 72 hours.

The rep swears it will get reversed but another team has to do it.

I have zero confidence it will work.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I'm in the exact spot too. Pre ordered, when I got the phone, 16 gb was too small so I returned it to the apple store. I ordered the one I wanted on apple.com for 3-4 week delivery. When I saw the in store pick ups were available I decided to cancel my order. When I returned the phone, eligibility went back up instantly, this time it's not. Went to the at&t store, and called multiple times.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Ended up on a 3 way call with att and apple and the att rep said she had to submit a ticket for their tech team to resolve this. She gave me a case number and said it will be resolved on the 1st (tomorrow) and someone would contact me to verify. After reading all this I'm thinking my chances aren't that good but we'll see

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

11 days and nothing has been fixed. Man Sad

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, that is terrible. Did you get a case #?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.