For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
GettingIrate's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 17th, 2014 9:29 PM

Unnecessary Credit Checks

My apologies to the communities for calling myself "Getting Irate", but it is frustrating finding a means to express a complaint to AT&T.  It doesn't help that I have the letters "ATT" in my name or that I can not use the word "Customer" in my ID.

I've been a customer of Southwestern Bell / AT&T continuously for 41 years and have used lots of services.  Even now I have 3 land lines in my house.  I never, ever paid a bill late.  I try to pay the same day my charges are posted on the account each month.

Recently I responded to a phone call from AT&T Services in Dallas, Texas, agreeing to lower my monthly cost by switching to new fibre optic lines in my area.  There is a promise of lower costs, improved service, and I presume cost savings for AT&T based upon how agressively you pursued me to make this switch.

My complaint is that after agreeing to lower my bills, I received notice from EQUIFAX that AT&T Services requested my credit report.  I see absolutely no reason for AT&T to run a credit check since my bills are going down and I have always paid on time.  The person I spoke with on the phone had my ATT history in front of him at the time and quoted to me how much I spent each month.

Your company is now so big that I don't even know where to direct my complaint.  The web site hides this information well.  Perhaps venting in this blog will relieve some of my upset. 

Getting Irate with your big company britches in Texas.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, GettingIrate!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you were not made aware of the credit check at the time you made the switch. We would be happy to investigate further and discuss some options, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

If you can recall we had an off-line discussion about the status of my U-verse installation.  I am still waiting for someone to call to schedule installation of a new modem.   I continue to receive calls and mail solicitations begging me to switch my service to the new fiber optics lines to increase my computer's speed and save money on my phone bill.  Lots of sales, but no service.

Anything you can do to help is appreciated.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @GettingIrate 

Please use a link in Mariana's post to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare, they will be happy to open another case for you and help you with that.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.