Posted Mar 28, 2012
Traveling to Canada with iPhone for a weekend? ...

Hey guys, we're pretty new to AT&T. In a couple months I plan to head from the U.S. to Toronto for a weekend. I've heard horror stories about people racking-up insane voice and data charges when traveling to Canada.

When I was with Sprint a few years ago we could add some kind of international plan add-on for something like $3.99 for a single month that completely covered us there.

Does AT&T offer anything similar? What are the options?

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
3-28-2012 7:16:12 AM
(0)

Here's a link with some information about traveling in Canada - http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp#canada-mexico

If you've registered your account at www.att.com; you can add the international plan online as well. 

Accepted Solution

Traveling to Canada with iPhone for a weekend? ...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2012
(0)

Hi Chris, 

AT&T does offer international services and it's a great that you're thinking ahead. 

I suggest either stopping by an AT&T store or giving customer service a call to make sure the proper features are added to your account while you're traveling. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Traveling to Canada with iPhone for a weekend? ...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2012
(0)

Thanks, jamileh. I'll do that.

-- Chris

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 28, 2012
(0)

Here's a link with some information about traveling in Canada - http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp#canada-mexico

If you've registered your account at www.att.com; you can add the international plan online as well. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 29, 2012
(0)

Pay specific attention to the data add-ons. Roaming plans like the World Traveler do not cover ANY data. The international data is very expensive(starting at 50MB for $25), but it's still cheaper than international pay-per-use. You are probably better off turning off cellular data and sticking to wi-fi while you're in Canada.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 4, 2012
(0)
I added the international data plan for my trip to Canada ($30 for 50mb) but seem to only be able to access the Internet when I'm connected to WiFi. Whst's going on? Did I waste $30?