Posted Oct 11, 2010
Transferring my phone number to another company

Hello,

I want to transfer my phone number to another company.  How hard is that to do with AT&T and what can I do.  I already completed my contract.  I want a cheaper phone because the iPhone is way too expensive month to month.  I will have a different phone, but would like to keep my number.  Any help would be gladly appreciated.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
10-11-2010 6:53:32 PM
(0)

Go to the other company, sign a contract and they will port the number to your new phone. When the number is ported, your old account with AT&T will be automatically closed.

It is a very easy process and only takes a few hours.

You CANNOT close your AT&T account before the number is ported or you will lose the number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Transferring my phone number to another company

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 11, 2010
(0)

Go to the other company, sign a contract and they will port the number to your new phone. When the number is ported, your old account with AT&T will be automatically closed.

It is a very easy process and only takes a few hours.

You CANNOT close your AT&T account before the number is ported or you will lose the number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Transferring my phone number to another company

Solution