Posted Sep 2, 2010
Trade Up Program

I have a serious complaint and don't know how to navigate AT&T's maze of a site to get to the right people.  I am also wondering if anyone else has had this issue.   My whole family with iPhones particpated in the AT&T Trade Up program.  I am talking about extended family in multiple households and different accounts.  We sent in our old phones, followed the directions exactly, and awaited the return checks we were promised.  We each got the same form letter, with the only difference being that some of us had returned the 3G, and others the 3GS.  In each letter, they claimed that we had misstated the condition of the phones, and that we had not returned the AC adapter.  They dramatically reduced the amount they had agreed to pay exactly the same according to which phone it was. The 3g phones were reduced from $220.89 to 145.89.   The 3GS phones were reduced from $278.78 to $235.78.

I wrote them, complaining of the scummy nature of the situatlon, and each person got back the second reply increasing the amount to be paid by $4.  

Has anyone else run into this, and can someone help me direct my complaint to the right person.  This smells like a giant scam, and it looks like they never intended to pay what they agreed to.  We each rated our phones conditions according to their own written standards.  I want this to get lots of attention because I would bet at this point that everyone involved got the same treatment.

Trade Up Program

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2010
(0)

what is trade up program?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.

Re: Trade Up Program

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2010
(0)

This is an assumption but I believe he is referring to the trade in program that RadioShack offers.   If this is the case he would need to contact RadioShack directly as the programs isn't maintained by AT&T.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2010
(0)

ohhooo!!!!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2010
(0)
Is it att.tradeups.com? it looks like their help links have ways to cancel a trade, if it hasn't been too long. theres also an email address for them.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2010
(0)

It is actually a different program than the one you listed Runningarm and after reviewing that page I found this under terms and conditions.

The AT&T Trade Up Program is a service provided to AT&T customers by Market Velocity, Inc., an independent third party. AT&T is not involved in the transaction between Market Velocity, Inc. and AT&Tcustomers. Any and all transactions conducted on this site are solely the responsibility of Market Velocity, Inc. and such visitors.

That service is provided by Market Velocity and they have no direct affiliation with AT&T.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2010
(0)
Yeah, ATT doesn't offer a trade up program; but some 3rd parties do.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 23, 2013
(0)

We had some huge issues. First...never got ANY check or credit like were told. Also they have told us that we sent more than the amount of phones that could be sent in (which I saw NOTHING of during the online process.) We are now out a LOT of phones and NO money or credit has yet to be sent. It's been over 6 months!