Need help understanding your bill?
oahsen's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2011 3:44 PM

Three People Wants to Get a Family Plan

Hi everyone. We are three people who want to get a family plan. Here is our situations:

Me: I have an At&t prepaid number and want to port that number. I live in MA. I want to get an iPhone 4s.

2nd person: He has a Tmobile prepaid number and wants to port that number. He lives in PA. He doesn't need a new phone.

3rd person: He wants to get a new number. He lives in TX. He doesn't need a new phone.

What makes thing more complicated is that the other two people are new in US so they don't have a credit history. Only I have a credit history.

So, is it possible for us to get a family plan, and what is the best strategy to use (who needs to get the family plan etc.)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

12 years ago

You could get a plan and put the others on it.  Only the primary person on the account gets a credit check.  

But - all the numbers will have to be in the same market, your out of state freinds will need to get a phone with the same area code as your phone.  At&t will not allow family plans to stretch across cell phone markets.  Also, are you sure you want to take financial responsibility for freinds?  You will be responsible for all charges on the family plan, no matter which person makes the calls or charges. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the answer.

So, does this mean that if I get the plan then my friend at PA can not port his number since we are not in the same market?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

better check, not sure if they will allow different area code locations to be combined into a single family plan, have never seen ot mentioned

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

OK then thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.