For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Lazybee's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 5:30 PM

The worse customer service I've ever had ANYWHERE.

On Jan 12, 2014 I called AT&T to disconnect my phone service.  We never use it.  I had an extensive conversation with the rep that I did not, did not want my dsl disconnected.  On Jan 15 my dsl was disconnected.  I called the same day and was given a new account number and was told this number had to be ported to my home, because whoever handled the original order disconnected my entire account.  A guy from AT&T came to my home on the Jan 16 and ported in the new number.  I was told I should have service by Jan 20.  No service Jan 20.  I called customer service.  The lady I spoke with said she would solve all my problems and called me back and said service would be restored Jan 21.  When I called the dsl help number a recording told me the order was to be completed on the Jan 21.  This morning I call dsl help.  They try to get me reconnected.  Wouldn't work.  That person called me back and said there is a "line issue" and a tech would have to come back to my home.  That person would be there today, no later than tomorrow.  I called the customer service number again trying to get this expeditied and now I'm told the tech could not come out until Jan 26.  As I have told every rep I have spoken with, if when I requested that my phone service be cut off, the rep would have told me that the acct I have had for years with AT&T would have been completely cut off and it would take days and days to get my dsl reconnected, I would have just kept the phone service.  I did have one supervisor call me and left a message that my service would be restored Jan 26.  I already knew that!  I wanted some answers to why all this has taken so long.  Of course, she leaves no call back info.  These AT&T reps talk a good talk, but it's just lip service.  They make NO effort to resolve an issue.  I see no alternative but to seek other dsl service.  I do not want to deal with these folks again.    

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Lazybee 

I'm very sorry to hear about your service issues, I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Thank you for sending us a private message, I see that one of our managers is working with you, but if you have any other questions or requests, please let us know!

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I did get my dsl re-connected on Jan 23 thanks to the help I received from posting here.    

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

9 years ago

Lazybee

I hear you, I have recently been trying to get a technical issue resolved with the DSL account, I have been through now 5 tech reps (phone and here on community forums) they did send a premises tech out and he confirmed the line was in good condition and that it was NOT the problem, he claimed he replaced an f card in the DSLAM as well(not sure I believe it was done)

Finally here on communitycares tech rep claimed that indeed there was ATT nework congestion on my DSLAM or Central Office, I asked them to place me on a less congested router in the CO but they flat out refused and just keep pushing U Verse (EVERY single person I spoke with pushed the sale of U Verse even though I was NOT calling sales, and the problem 

IS fixable if they wanted to make a simple electronic switch, they just want to force me onto U Verse which I repeatedly told them is too expensive, I don't need the speeds, and I also mentioned that why would I pay for more expensive service when ATT won't maintain the existing service in a reasonable manner. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.