Posted May 18, 2009
3:47:48 PM
View profile
Suspend service to a lost phone?
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:00:10 PM

Hello, I have lost my phone. Can I get it blocked so that no one can else can mis-use it? I am not sure where it is but I think it may be on my desk at work. Can it temporarily be suspended or once it is turned off that's it? What do I do? -Susan 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 18, 2009 3:54:45 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can temporarily suspend your line of service.  If you find it you can reactivate it.  If not at least you know knowbody can use it.

Question:
How can I report a lost or stolen phone?

Answer:
If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your wireless service to protect against unauthorized charges. Once suspended, no incoming or outgoing calls can be placed or received using your phone. Data services, access to voicemail and access to call forwarding will also be suspended.  Suspending your wireless service does not release your wireless phone number - it will be retained for you.   

You can report your phone as lost or stolen by logging into myWireless Account and following these instructions:

1. From the myWireless Account home page, select Phone/Device.
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line is not already suspended, you'll see Active in the Status column.
  4. Click the Suspend button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  5. Confirm your transaction.
  6. If you have Wireless Phone Insurance, you can file a replacement request simply by calling 1-888-562-8662.
  7. If you do not have Wireless Phone Insurance, visit the following topic for options on replacing your phone:  How do I replace a lost or stolen phone?

To reactivate a line:
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line has already been reported as lost or stolen, you'll see Lost&Suspended in the Status column.
  4. Click the Activate button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. To ensure the phone is working properly, please test both incoming and outgoing calls.

You must be registered and logged into myWireless Account to report your phone as lost or stolen online. For assistance with login and registration, please choose one of the following topics:

How do I register for myWireless Account?
How do I login to myWireless Account?
What if I forgot my password for myWireless Account?

Accepted Solution

Suspend service to a lost phone?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 18, 2009 3:54:45 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can temporarily suspend your line of service.  If you find it you can reactivate it.  If not at least you know knowbody can use it.

Question:
How can I report a lost or stolen phone?

Answer:
If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your wireless service to protect against unauthorized charges. Once suspended, no incoming or outgoing calls can be placed or received using your phone. Data services, access to voicemail and access to call forwarding will also be suspended.  Suspending your wireless service does not release your wireless phone number - it will be retained for you.   

You can report your phone as lost or stolen by logging into myWireless Account and following these instructions:

2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line is not already suspended, you'll see Active in the Status column.
  4. Click the Suspend button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. If you have Wireless Phone Insurance, you can file a replacement request simply by calling 1-888-562-8662.
  7. If you do not have Wireless Phone Insurance, visit the following topic for options on replacing your phone:  How do I replace a lost or stolen phone?

To reactivate a line:
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line has already been reported as lost or stolen, you'll see Lost&Suspended in the Status column.
  4. Click the Activate button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. To ensure the phone is working properly, please test both incoming and outgoing calls.

You must be registered and logged into myWireless Account to report your phone as lost or stolen online. For assistance with login and registration, please choose one of the following topics:

How do I register for myWireless Account?
How do I login to myWireless Account?
What if I forgot my password for myWireless Account?

Re: Lost Phone

2 of 2 (35,333 Views)
Solution