For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bfreeburg's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 15th, 2014 10:28 PM

Slow internet speed. Nobody can talk to me about a bonded pair.

I have been trying for several months now, off and on, to get someone to talk with me about getting a bonded pair. I get transferred between departments, talking to several people each time, sometimes getting disconnected, sometimes I run out of time and have to drop it. Several months back a tech that came to the house suggested we call to see about getting a bonded pair installed as that would be the only way to help our speed issue. We live in Arvin, CA and are approximately 6000' from the VRAD. I have tested our internet speed several times today and get numbers like 1.97, 1.95, and 1.90 Mbps download; and 0.25, 0.23, 0.25 Mbps upload.  These numbers are pretty typical for us. My wife and I both work from home and would gladly pay more for faster service. We routinely have problems uploading photos and large documents to email and to the internet. Downloading movies, when we try to stay in and relax is touch and go at times, and we often have to start downloading an hour or so before we want to watch something.

I just recently spoke with someone who said she escalated my problem to a special "back office" type customer service unit. I am hopeful that I can get a straight answer.

Brett

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sounds like the same vaporware they sold me.  Sales rep stopped talked me in to giving AT&T a try, switch from cable.  told me I could get 45mbs service in the area great. tech stop to hook me up there were issues with the box so no hook-up, talked about the 2 pair for 45mbs. Dropped it as I didn't have time to chase them down to reset the appointment.  Fast forward 6 months they stop again say we can get you 45mbs service talked with them about the bonded pairs etc.  great see your senior tech in 2 weeks for the hook up.  As they wanted to make sure I got what we talked about. Tech 2 a great guy worked hard that day could not get the 2 pair working had issues with the switches, hardware not talking with software or something. Couldn't get 1 pair work much less 2 pair he needed, So install got delayed again.  3rd tech to stop and finally hooks me up.  Got the box set came in hooked things up I'm thinking great... until while he was still here quick did the speed test via AT&T website give them the best chance for a first impression of 45mbs speed.  What 7mbs that’s not what I ordered, well that’s what I have listed here.  Many calls and online chats later, when I can get through and have the time for waiting, I am still waiting for a real resolution.  I am beginning to think it is all just AT&T vaporware, not a great way to rebuild a relationship with a customer who left the wireless service because the coverage area never got better.  I should have known better and just called the cable co and bluffed the switch.

Slower then molasses during a Wisconsin January polar vortex.

Note: I was told the with the AT&T U-verse 24mbs was the top speed for one pair.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.