Posted Oct 12, 2012
8:02:07 PM
View profile
Sim won't activate

I bought a GoPhone sim card and when I goto activate the sim card number, I receive an error stating that the sim is invalid.

https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

I am not mistyping the sim number. I am going on a business trip in a few days and I really need this phone to work.

I bought a GoPhone sim card and when I goto activate the sim card number, I receive an error stating that the sim is invalid.

https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo

I am not mistyping the sim number. I am going on a business trip in a few days and I really need this phone to work.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2012 1:33:05 PM
(0)
Expert

try the option below for activation, if that does not work a corporate AT&T store can do the activation for you.

Dial 1-877-426-0525 to activate a new account from a wired phone and follow the prompts. To get started you will need:

• 5-digit ZIP Code for the area where you will use the phone the most often
  • The SIM card
  • IMEI number

This process will take approximately 10 minutes.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
Accepted Solution

Sim won't activate

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 1:12:00 AM
(0)
Expert
try putting the simcard in the phone and see if it is already activated with a phone number.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

try putting the simcard in the phone and see if it is already activated with a phone number.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

Re: Sim won't activate

2 of 7 (10,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 5:45:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

It is in the phone already, and there's no number on it. I bought it brand new.

It is in the phone already, and there's no number on it. I bought it brand new.

3 of 7 (10,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2012 1:33:05 PM
(0)
Expert

try the option below for activation, if that does not work a corporate AT&T store can do the activation for you.

Dial 1-877-426-0525 to activate a new account from a wired phone and follow the prompts. To get started you will need:

• The SIM card
  • IMEI number

Knight Rider Rules.gif

• The SIM card
  • IMEI number

Knight Rider Rules.gif

4 of 7 (9,995 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2012 6:45:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

I got it working. But, now I have another problem. I have the 10c a minute plan with 10 dollars in my account and I even bought the 1000 messages for 10 bucks. The problem is, I can't send picture messages. Everytime I try to send one it says "Message Send Failure". What the H311?It says it would charge me for each picture message sent, that's fine, but it's not sending at all.

I got it working. But, now I have another problem. I have the 10c a minute plan with 10 dollars in my account and I even bought the 1000 messages for 10 bucks. The problem is, I can't send picture messages. Everytime I try to send one it says "Message Send Failure". What the H311?It says it would charge me for each picture message sent, that's fine, but it's not sending at all.

5 of 7 (9,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2012 12:38:18 PM
(0)
Expert
Sorry for the delay, what is the make and model of phone your are using, also when you check your online account does it state that data is disabled or is data even showed as a option on your account.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

Sorry for the delay, what is the make and model of phone your are using, also when you check your online account does it state that data is disabled or is data even showed as a option on your account.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

6 of 7 (9,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 4:28:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

i had a SIM card in my i pad when i bought it but i don't know the number of this sim 

i had a SIM card in my i pad when i bought it but i don't know the number of this sim 

don't know SIM card number

7 of 7 (765 Views)