Reply
Posted Oct 30, 2013
Not recieving texts from one person .

Please help.

 

I recieve texts from everyone except one person (my fiancee), she gets my texts but I do not receive hers.

 

This started happening about two weeks ago, on a normal day, not after a software updatew or anything.

 

At the time this happened, I was using AT&T Galxy S3, she was using AT&T I Phone 4.  She switched yesterday from AT&T to T-mobil, and we were both hoping this would fix the problem, but it did not. 

 

We sat next to each other this morning, she texted me (T Mobil LG G2), nothing came through on my phone.  I texted her and almost immediately she got my text.

 

We have been surviving by using her google number from the same phone, where our texts come and go as normal.

 

I dont think she is blocked but am not 100% sure of that, her phone calls come in fine.

 

 

Not recieving texts from one person .

384 views
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(7)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

ricci427 wrote:

Please help.

 

I recieve texts from everyone except one person (my fiancee), she gets my texts but I do not receive hers.

 

This started happening about two weeks ago, on a normal day, not after a software updatew or anything.

 

At the time this happened, I was using AT&T Galxy S3, she was using AT&T I Phone 4.  She switched yesterday from AT&T to T-mobil, and we were both hoping this would fix the problem, but it did not. 

 

We sat next to each other this morning, she texted me (T Mobil LG G2), nothing came through on my phone.  I texted her and almost immediately she got my text.

 

We have been surviving by using her google number from the same phone, where our texts come and go as normal.

 

I dont think she is blocked but am not 100% sure of that, her phone calls come in fine.

 

 


It can take a few days for the port information to circulate throuh the infrastructure, have seen it take up to 5 days

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

this isnt about the porting and the new T-mobil service, this was happening when we wer both using AT&T, I put up with it for a little while., knowing see was going to switch to a different carrier.

 

As far as I cant tell this is a problem, with my AT&T galaxy service, as the problem was the same both both before and after she changed.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

ricci427 wrote:

this isnt about the porting and the new T-mobil service, this was happening when we wer both using AT&T, I put up with it for a little while., knowing see was going to switch to a different carrier.

 

As far as I cant tell this is a problem, with my AT&T galaxy service, as the problem was the same both both before and after she changed.


If you had the issue before, the port just made it worse, right now the NDR is probably caused by the port.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

 

 

Why not backtrack, and tell me what would of been the solution if there was no port, why would at&t not text to AT&T.

 

There never been an error message of any type, no NDR, if you didnt know you would think the message had been sent.

 

Also, after porting my text to her still goes, just as it did before, it is her text to me that dont come through....I think your wrong on thinking the port has anything to do with this.

 

Again, what would you suggest if there had not been a port, perhaps trying that solution would work, do you have a solution for that ?

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

ricci427 wrote:

 

 

Why not backtrack, and tell me what would of been the solution if there was no port, why would at&t not text to AT&T.

 

There never been an error message of any type, no NDR, if you didnt know you would think the message had been sent.

 

Also, after porting my text to her still goes, just as it did before, it is her text to me that dont come through....I think your wrong on thinking the port has anything to do with this.

 

Again, what would you suggest if there had not been a port, perhaps trying that solution would work, do you have a solution for that ?


Thw sms rfp is a fire and forget protocol, there is no error checking for on the transient path, it could be a tower blip, your phone being out of range or other no service available or outdared routing information stored. Add to the fact that in the SMS rfp or the MMS rfp there is no specifications for a NDR or even a verification of delivery, there never has been in all the years that SMS has been around. SMS piggybacks off the cellular channel and the MMS extension utilized the data channel, which is why if the cellular data channel is blocked on basic phones or turned off on smart devices it cannot sent the message. The texting plans by default have a data allocation built into them for MMS message traffic.

 

Right now the SMS protocol handlers have the other phones routing path stored in the cellular network infrastructure. Ever wonder how authorized agencies can get a call record of what cell towers your device has pinged and the towers the cell device was handled off to for a few weeks?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2013
0
(0)

Is that a solution?..your listed here a expert with lots of solved problems, yet that was all tech babble, and quite useless, with no solution.

 

guess a visit to a AT&T tech service centre is needed.

 

thanks for your info.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 31, 2013
0
(0)

ricci427 wrote:

Is that a solution?..your listed here a expert with lots of solved problems, yet that was all tech babble, and quite useless, with no solution.

 

guess a visit to a AT&T tech service centre is needed.

 

thanks for your info.


Solution - depends on your patience, you questioned the reasoning behind my suggestion and was stating there was no NDR, a explination of the protocol was required to explain why there was no NDR generated. Have made the same exact suggestion to other folls on a cause of no text messaging to a specific set of numbers when there was a port and it resolved itself after a period of time when the old routing information was purged and a new route was built.  Good luck at the service center

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not recieving texts from one person .

Share this post
Share this post