Yoyofatboy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 14th, 2014 3:48 AM

Not receiving the full service I am paying for

Over the past year, I have been in a constant struggle, fighting for at least a do-able internet connection from AT&T. As I am still in high school, my mother is in control of the household, and she decided to switch from Time Warner Cable to AT&T U-Verse. I was partially ok with this, as Time Warner was in a current state of not being able to provide my internet needs. Upon discussion, we signed up for the 16 Mb/s internet speed plan. Yessssss, I'll finally be able to do everything I've ever dreamed of on the internet. Wrong. Oh so far away from what I had initially thought. First off, when everything was set up to begin use of the service, I was constantly being disconnected from Wi-Fi. We called out a service guy to solve the issue, and he may or may not have tried his best. I'm about 100% sure that I knew more about the problem and the network in general than he did. He ended up taking off the auto-reset password for the network system. Ok, maybe that'll be the fix to all my problems. Not a thing changed from doing so. I then decided trying to hook up my laptop to the router via Ethernet cable. Now I was able to use the internet without being disconnected. Yay. Onto the next problem. I play moderately internet demanding games, and paying for 16 Mb/s, I expected decent performance. Unfortunately, even connected with an ethernet cable, the maximum speed I recieved was 10 Mb/s. I was okay with this outcome, as I was able to play in peace. Unfortunately, over the year, I've experienced connection issues all the time. running a speed test today, it shows that I am recieving 1 Mb/s download speed... What... Why... AT&T please. Speed Test

Not to mention the 1 Mb/s never-mentioned-Upload speed...

I would really appreciate some insight on what could maybe be a solution to this, or is this the kind of service that's defaultly given to customers? All of the people I speak to who have AT&T internet have the same problems as I do. Help.?

1 Attachment

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Yoyofatboy!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your internet speed and connectivity issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.