nantuko's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 14th, 2013 12:40 AM

Netgear 7550 DSL Router/Modem check connection Ip failer

hello i been having problem with my new Netgear 7550 DSL Router/Modem. it start to upset me bit. the issue is when i go into modlems menu to check the connection i keep geting Fail IP error . 

Main Diagnostic CategoryTest Results
Details
EthernetPass

DSLPass

ATMPass

PPPoEPass

AuthenticationPass

IPFail

DNSPass

This test checks the IP connection and traffic.

Check IP connection to Ethernet (LAN)Pass
Check IP connection to PPPPass
Validate WAN assigned IP AddressPass
Ping default gatewayPass
Continuity check to 6rd BRFail

Now i want to know how to fix this. or is not able to be fix

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

nantuko,

6RD is short for IPv6 Rapid Deployment over IPv4. I have included a bit of info on IPv6 below.

IPv6 information

The Netgear 7550 supports IPv6 so I'm unsure why you would get that error message.

Please send a Private Message to one of our ATTCustomer care representatives by using the link below, this way you can work on this specific issue with someone that is familiar with this. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time that you can be reached regarding this matter. Please allow 48 hrs for a representative to reach out.

Private Message

Thank you,

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same problem... I think.  What was the solution?  We are all of a sudden having problems with accessing consistently the internet with any of the internet programs (IE, Firefox, Chrome).  In my Netgear 7550 I tried running "Check Connection" and also have the error "IP Continuity check to 6rd BR".  Can you help me? Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my ATT 7550 modem/router. I get connectivity issues all the time, and my business internet goes down at the worst possible times. Please help, thanks.

Rand

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

it is at&t doing it service is full of that type of thing look to go to cable or other internet service

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

the 6rd BR ip is not working please fix tne propblom realy need for it to work i need ton accseces my sevalinas cameras going out of town 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I would like for this proplom to be fixd miy ip 6rd BR is being blockd or its not working please fis problem i would like for the problom to get fix ASAP im leaving out town on Monday plthru please contact me if u have any questions thru my Email

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

As i understand it (wow, this is an old thread!) you log into your gateway routher, whatever using it's ip address in a browser, then shut off the ipv 6 thingy.

I don't really know HOW to do this, but I'm hoping, if you know how to log into your device, the setting that needs changing is easy to find, and disable.

Good luck.

Oh, just so you know, no one is going to e-mail you back. This is a really old thread and how to undo this issue is covered in other threads. just do a subject search.. I've seen it posted several times.

Did not have to, but found this, so, am re-posting this post which says how to disable ipv 6:

Nov 8, 2015 2:36:30 PM

ACE - Expert

@jjcomics  If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causesdisconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.