Posted Jul 10, 2013
Need to cancel installation date - what to do?

After reading some of the posts on here, I am a little paranoid about my situation! 

Last night an AT&T salesman (very nice by the way,) came to my door.  I was honest with him and told him that I was looking around for a new internet/cable/phone provider....but I wasn't ready to make any immediate deceisions at this moment.  Since I was interested in what he had to say, we talked for about 30 minutes or so.  He thought it best to set me up with an installation date (a few weeks from now) so that I would be in the system if I deceided to go with AT&T.

Well, after talking with my current provider we negotiated a new lower rate (better than AT&T and without the hassle of a new installation,) so my family thought it best to cancel the installation date.  I called the salesman that came to my door (literally an hour after he left,) to cancel the installation.  He was very nice and told me that he would take care of everything and to keep his number if we happen to change our mind.

My question is: is that enough??  On the back of the paper I signed (not a contract but an agreement of prices/services,) there is an explnation of "notice of cancellation."  It states that I have the right to cancel this transaction within three buisness days by signing the paper and mailing to the office manager in California.  Do I need to do this??  I live in Ohio, and to guarntee that this "cancellation" gets to CA in time, I will have to send it by Express Mail - not cheap.

What would you do??  I might be overthinking this, just want to make sure I am not tied into anything, because I didn't send the "notice of cancellation."

Need to cancel installation date - what to do?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 10, 2013
(0)
You have three business days to change your mind, envelope just needs postmark.... not received by them within three business days. For peace of mind mail a copy, either way if salesman did not cancel you would be notified of scheduled install date/time frame and could cancel install at that time.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Need to cancel installation date - what to do?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 11, 2013
(0)

Hi! I just responded to your private message. Thanks. CatherineW

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Need to cancel installation date - what to do?