bobahall1946's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 18th, 2014 1:57 PM

Love at&t internet

I grew to hate cable and went to just local antenna service and seven years ago I found media players and now thanks to at&t i watch 250 gig a month worth and it comes in fantastic, btw I tried comcast and what a waste you talke about slow and bad service let me say this I lost my internet with comcast and after three months I cancelled my service and only then did they send out a real service man who then went to work and it took two more trucks to find out a squirel had eaten thru the cable coming to my house. My worst problem with at&t has been the crazy system they use for just finding out how much usage i have gone thru, lol.

Retired and loving it. thanks at&t

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

10 years ago

I wish I shared your feelings.   I have had the same DSL service with AT&T for probably 10 years now, although they did upgrade the speed from 3Mbps to 6Mbps about 8years ago.  That's as fast as I can get in my area.  Oh, they also went from unlimited data to a 150GB data cap this past January, so my bill has increased considerably.  Being in a household of 4, we constantly go over the data cap.  Oh, and they also pad the data usage with their own data encapsulation so the real data usage of their customers is actually about 14% less than they report.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am glad my family is grown, i would hate to be raising a family today with the choices we have in electronics there are now. But I can relay a story about my family of six in 1976.

We lived in a far out of town  and only television we could get was antenna and it was so poor I gave up listening to all the gripes and i bought a VCR. Each evening I would stop at the video store and pick up two movies they had picked out. After awhile I figured out I was spending over $100 a month for video, so I said if it was to continue we had to sacrifice somewhere to pay for it. We sat down and together cut at our costs until it was affordable. A few years later we finally got cable out in the boonies and the basic started at $20 but we added more and more until we got a bill again way to much for our expenses and did the cutting necessary.

I guess what I am saying is to get what we want but it all comes at a cost.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.