For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RollTide53's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 5:48 AM

Keep getting denied for internet despite the fact that it is available in my area.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I am getting the run around with AT&T. I have been trying to get internet for over 2 months now and can not seem to understand why I am being denied. After a while of getting denied, I figured that maybe getting a home phone could increase the chances of me getting internet. I talked to a man who told me that there was a 90% chance that once my phone is hooked up, I would be able to get DSL internet. So I called a number that the man told me to call so that I would find out if I was available for internet and they told me once again that it was unavailable. I told them that I did not want the home phone unless I was able to get internet. The person told me they would then send a technician out to see what was going on. After a week of not hearing back from AT&T, the technician to hook up my home phone came to turn my phone on. I then told him that I absolutely did not want the home phone unless I was able to get internet. HE told me that there was in fact DSL available for me and that he would have someone call me the next day for internet. The next day I received a phone call from AT&T regarding my internet and go figure... THEY TOLD ME I COULD NOT GET INTERNET. So the next day I called the technician back to ask him what was going on and he informed me once again that there is in fact DSL available in my area but they are blocking it for some reason and there is nothing that he can do. After running this by a friend, they informed me that I can call the "Public Service Commission" and they could help me out. Only problem is, I don't know what the Public Service Commission is or how to contact them. I have tried google, but nothing solid has come up. I know people to the north and south of me that have perfectly fine working internet. Not to mention that there is an entire lane that is walking distance away from me that has AT&T internet. SOMEONE... ANYONE... PLEASE HELP. My fiance' and I are both college students who has just moved and the internet is absolutely essential to our studies and school work. On top of that, who does not enjoy having the power of the internet at the tip of their fingers? Thanks in advance.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, RollTide53!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that our internet service may not be available for your address. We would be happy to investigate further, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.