Posted Sep 1, 2013
How do I find Uverse early termination fee?

I've looked, I've googled, I've tried ATT customer service - does anyone know where I can find out how much the early termination fee would be to cancel Uverse internet? (Not a bundle, just internet - that's all we have.)

How do I find Uverse early termination fee?

11 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)
bonniej88 - Did you agree to a contract length? If so it should be specific to you. If no contract, no termination fee.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I find Uverse early termination fee?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

We have a promotional price for a year. Does that qualify as a contract?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)
bonniej88 - If you call & say you want to cancel, they should be able to tell you what that means. Maybe they wil offer you a "promotion?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

From TOS http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Termination or Cancellation of Service a. Cancellation of Service by Customer. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to a specific price and plan, which may have included a term. You agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay the early termination fee associated with that plan. At the conclusion of your term or if you did not sign up for a term plan, the term for your Service will be month-to-month. When you cancel your service, your account ID e-mail address will remain active, as will all e-mail subaccounts you have created. The e-mail accounts may be accessed from the att.net website.

Up to $180 termination fee..... http://www.att.com/shop/internet/internet-service.html

if you have a special price (not regular monthly price) for a period of time (6 months or a year) then you have a contract.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 1, 2013
(0)

Interesting. Well, I contacted ATT through the online chat and was told there would be no early termination fee. We'll see what happens when we actually try to cancel.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Why are you wanting to cancel?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Charter is cheaper and ATT's website and customer service phone/chat are horrendous.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Well the grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

When you call to cancel tell them that Chater is cheaper and thay might match or beat there price.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2013
(0)

Well, yeah . . . .  Is Charter down more than it's up? The people we've spoken to who have it haven't had any complaints. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2013
(0)

bonniej88 wrote:

Well, yeah . . . .  Is Charter down more than it's up? The people we've spoken to who have it haven't had any complaints. 

Ummmm, yep, I've talked to family and friends who have Charter because the only choice they have and they hate it.  I've had UVerse over 4 years now in 3 different locations and my service has been fantastic.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2013
(0)

Well, I'll let you know. ;-)